Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to put an end to the "Manny put Cotto at a disadvantage with the weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 145 is not the ww limit.......

Cotto was handicapped and cheated......

Comment

• If I remember right initially Freddie wanted the fight lower than 145 and Cotto had to bargain just to get 145. It really is a ***** move, if it didnt affect him physically it defintely affected him mentally. If he comes in over how much was he risking 3 million? Thats quite a bit to worry about when it's your money. Regardless it probably didnt make or break the fight for Cotto but it did play a role.

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
        If I remember right initially Freddie wanted the fight lower than 145 and Cotto had to bargain just to get 145. It really is a ***** move, if it didnt affect him physically it defintely affected him mentally. If he comes in over how much was he risking 3 million? Thats quite a bit to worry about when it's your money. Regardless it probably didnt make or break the fight for Cotto but it did play a role.
        It played a bigger role than people think.

Comment

• Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
          There was no verbal abuse, just the cold hard facts.

You say something is wrong with boxing when a boxer can agree to a catch weight,

but are eerily silent when gloves and ring sizes are brought into the equation.

You're stance is hypocritical in that you only choose to be selective of your criticism of how boxing matches are arranged.

You have a major problem with the 145 weights for Pac and Cotto,

but don't have the same gripe with the Chavez Pea bout.

Chalk up another high mark for the hypocrite.
          it was bull**** how they made Cotto defend his title where the weight limit was 145 pounds, he basically defended the 147 pound title in a fight where the limit ws 145, it's a disgrace and now that I'm shining light on it in recent days I'm feeling a lot different about that loss, it was bull**** man..

don't get me wrong yo Pacquiao gets respect for his career but that fight was bull****, a big money fight for the people to buy, none of it was fair though, they brought down Cotto a notch and made him risk all his stature unjustfully, Pacquiao could have still won and Cotto could have at least had a title to negotiate with but they rewarded Pacquiao a Welterweight title in a fight that didn't fulfill the necessary requirements, the limit is 147 not 145..

think on this for a sec, these guys have no water weight, nothing on them is easy to burn, people with fat working out can lose 10 pounds in a week, can you imagine how difficult it is for someone who walks around at 160 to cut down to 145, let alone 147? it's HARD to lose even 1 pound at that weight, all muscle frame, it could drain you. and then they put his strap on the line? that's BULL****

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x View Post
            so????why did they demand "145"???why not just fight at 147???there had to be a certain reason for this..
            Who demanded 145?
            is it Cotto's camp right?

Comment

• Originally posted by King Burner View Post
              145 is not the ww limit.......

Cotto was handicapped and cheated......
              How can you say he was cheated if Cotto himself agreed to it and confirmed himself that 145lbs is his normal weight for any fight. From the OP's post, Cotto's fights where mostly 146lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by King22 View Post
                i think Pac just whooped Cotto ass weight had nothing to do with it same with Mayweather-Marquez the better fighters won its that simple

i just hate how Pacfans say the two pounds made a diffrence when Floyd fought JMM because if thats the case then the two pounds made a diffrence when Pac fought Cotto

but really the weight never really ment anything in the first place the truth is Pacquiao and Mayweather are just better fighters than Cotto and Marquez
                Man not only two pounds, originlay it was 135 then floyd had an rib issue then re-scheduled the fight to Sept 19 and the weight was already 144lbs. More likely to say TWO weight divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Burner View Post
                  Last I checked the WW Division is:

141-147.............NOT 141-145 Pounds.....

Pac and Roach HANDICAPPED Cotto....

**** Both of them.
                  So 145 still within the welterweight....141-147
                  So why are you complaining?

Comment

• Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
                    the weigh in is 24 hours before the fight. im not talking about that 1 pound. im talking about the weight on fight nite. he didnt rehydrate like he normaly does is all im saying. since you mention the clottey fight why was cotto never hurt vs a naturally bigger and stronger guy for 12 rounds. and then he was easily hurt buy a naturally smaller guy? the only reason i can see is he was better hydrated vs clottey, i didnt see him skinney and ribbs showing in that fight.
                    Because he can't see some of the punches coming in, so cotto wasn't able to prepare himself with those punches.
                    NEVER underestimate Pacman's power, we knew him already that he is a KO boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
                      yup cotto wasn't at 100% full strength.
                      That's not true at all. I don't agree with the catch weight but Cotto was as prepared as ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X