Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Margarito instigate the collapse of Mexican Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Margarito instigate the collapse of Mexican Boxing?

It’s amazing how rapidly Mexican boxing has fallen. Just to think about it, after Maragrito’s win over Cotto. There were 5 Mexicans in the P4P list and everything was smooth sailing.

But 2009 was a horrible year. After Maragrito was exposed it went all downhill. Ortiz their best prospect does a No Mas. Arreola their best HW, cries like a little girl, Ulises Solis loses, Mijares KO, JMM exposed by Mayweather,

Mexican Boxing is actually in a much better time now then a few yeas ago, Boxing is back on network television so you can expect some great prospects/Champions in the years to come.

Comment

Mexican boxing is fine--it's on a down time right now--it'll pick up in a couple of years with new prospects. By the way, I don't know exactly how Marquez was exposed--in terms of boxing skills. I look at his fight with Mayweather as more of lack of physical attributes to show his true skill. His best weight was 130-135. You didn't actually believe all that muscle he put on wasn't going to affect him knowing how small his legs are.

Comment

Originally posted by Liar View Post

It’s amazing how rapidly Mexican boxing has fallen. Just to think about it, after Maragrito’s win over Cotto. There were 5 Mexicans in the P4P list and everything was smooth sailing.

But 2009 was a horrible year. After Maragrito was exposed it went all downhill. Ortiz their best prospect does a No Mas. Arreola their best HW, cries like a little girl, Ulises Solis loses, Mijares KO, JMM exposed by Mayweather,
        those are american.......and how the **** did Mayweather "expose" JMM?

that said, yeah top mexicans got beat.....it happens.....

Comment

You claiming that JMM was "Exposed" nearly sent me on a murderous anger fueled rampage.

Shut the fuk up

Comment

arreola and ortiz aren't really mexicans and never had a real mexican following....but yea it isn't a good year for the mexican boxer you can include edgar sosa in the list and canelo alvarez is doing good and giovanni segura is still champ suprisingly cuz he has an ugly style of fighting and i actually thought he would of gotten exposed or lost this year i never pictured sosa losing though but oh well hopefully next year will be better for mexican boxers

Comment

the mexican way of fighting is over. andrade hammered the last nail in the coffin for me. mexicans have to actually start boxing now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoetoe View Post
                the mexican way of fighting is over. andrade hammered the last nail in the coffin for me. mexicans have to actually start boxing now lol.
                Dead on my man.

Comment

Its amazing how far Floyd fans will go to hate on Mexicans

Comment

if mexican boxing collapsed or on a downhill, it cannot be attributed to any single mexican fighter, not before not now nor ever. its simply the timing and other factors like competition is getting better or when theres an absence of really good mexican fighters, ortiz is good no argument with that. his loss is only a temporary setback. and i should say thats whats happening with mexican boxing, theyre experiencing temporary setback. theyll bounce back sooner or later, its only prolly the period of changing of the guards, it will be in no time when therell be surging of new mexican boxing superstars.
                    Last edited by tibbar; 12-18-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X