Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juanma looking sharp in training Camp!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juanma looking sharp in training Camp!!!

Boxing / Juanma Lopez
    With a load less

I can train more quiet because I did the Christmas orders, early

RISUEÑO. Juanma Lopez, here being bandaged by his trainer, is happy to train since going to fight in a comfortable weight of 126 pounds.
    Joseph A. Sánchez Fournier / jose.sanchez @ elnuevodia.com

CAGUAS - While Juanma Lopez exchanged blows with the junior welterweight sparring Enrique Quiñonez during the afternoon yesterday at the gym Jose "Cheo" Aponte, looked lighter on his feet than usual, with additional strength in his punches.

It could be that the champion feels more confident than ever now that will rise to 126 pounds, which will challenge WBO holder Steven Luevano. Or maybe it was partly thanks to the new settings in the preparations made by his co-management and coentrenador, Orlando Pineiro.

But perhaps it was because the hard-hitting southpaw was released from the increased burden that occupies the mind of a father these days:

Juanma has already taken care of Christmas gifts for their children.

"We talked with Santa Claus," said the father of five children, making light the smile that often adorns his face. "We always talk with him very early to avoid the ranks."

"Thank God I've been like two and a half years that things are fine in my home and go two years that Santa Claus does not cry much," said undefeated bantamweight (122 pounds) of OMB.

The list he received from their children was not so long, but it was specific.

"Juanma (son), who turns four on Dec. 27, wants a bicycle. Belisa Joan, who turned six in November also called bicycle, "he said on their children.

"Now Stephanie, who is 12, and Alexandra, who is nine, called iPod" he said on the majors. "But they have to be 'touch'."

Raymond, aged nine, asked him to St. Nicholas a Nintendo DS. "But the camera has," he said, still laughing about the demands of their tots.

"But it's not just that because you have to buy the games with her, hearing aids, accessories," continued the champion. "With things like the list is getting longer".

Apparently, however, breeding and Barbara Juanma behaved well this year because, according to the boxer said, "Santa is well this Christmas."

For those who can reach that St. Nicholas is a little late for Lopez himself, 26 and 23 January is measured Luevano at Madison Square Garden., New York.

In preparation for this fight, Pineiro said with sparring began earlier than usual, thanks to Lopez does not have to go down to 122 pounds. Including the eight rounds yesterday, and have 46 in training so far.

"Now we enter into weight training," Pineiro said, explaining that his pupil did weights before his last two fights because of the difficulty of marking the bantamweight limit.

"And we're going to El Yunque (to run) on Saturday. We are looking for that 'Juanma' rise a little higher in status, leaving him everything to make the weight, "said the veteran trainer.

"Now the sparring is stronger," he said, for his part, Lopez, on the benefit of not having to sacrifice the end to make weight.

"You can increase the workload," said Pineiro.

And what does 'Juanma' Christmas gift?

"I, after my wife and my kids are fine, they can go to school and having to eat, otherwise I'm quiet," he said, before making a request to Santa Claus.

"God help me win, so that my family is happy and content," said he wants as a Christmas gift.
    Last edited by Ch@mpBox@PR; 12-16-2009, 01:06 PM.

If It isnt Pacquioa is a steroid user or Floyd is a *****, nobody is interested

Comment

Lopez does weight training? That's surprising. I thought most of the fighters in the lighter divisions didn't use weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarr View Post
        Lopez does weight training? That's surprising. I thought most of the fighters in the lighter divisions didn't use weights.
        This is the first time he is doing it, because to make 122 he couldnt do weights, nor sparr to much. Most of the training was just to get down to 122.

I guess those 4 pounds will help him a lot!!!

Lopez is a natural 130 pounder I thinK!!

Comment

When's he making the move to Featherweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            This is the first time he is doing it, because to make 122 he couldnt do weights, nor sparr to much. Most of the training was just to get down to 122.

I guess those 4 pounds will help him a lot!!!

Lopez is a natural 130 pounder I thinK!!
            I guess he'll need it for this fight. To be honest, I haven't seen too much of Luevano but I saw some pics of him in training and at a press conference with Lopez. He looks like a pretty big featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
              When's he making the move to Featherweight?
              For his next fighT!

He is fighting Steven Luevano for the WBO FeatherWeight title at MSG on January 23rd!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarr View Post
                I guess he'll need it for this fight. To be honest, I haven't seen too much of Luevano but I saw some pics of him in training and at a press conference with Lopez. He looks like a pretty big featherweight.
                Funny to say, but Lopez is bigger and stronger. They are the same height, but Lopez is naturally bigger!!!!

Comment

Lopez is a fraud!! Worse than Mayweather!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    Funny to say, but Lopez is bigger and stronger. They are the same height, but Lopez is naturally bigger!!!!
                    Nah, Luevano is bigger. Here's a pic of them at a press conference:

Comment

Working...
                    X