Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[EXCLUSIVE] Megafight Crumbling: Mayweather JR Threatens Pull Out of Pacqiao Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Calilloyd;6990581]
    Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    Megafight Crumbling: Floyd Mayweather JR Threatens Pull Out of Manny Pacquiao Showdown
    By Geno McGahee-December 16, 2009

In boxing, absolutely nothing is certain. Fights are signed, sealed, and then never get delivered. In the biggest fight in the past ten years, certain obstacles have to be overcome. Egos are colliding, arguments about money and billing arise, and both believe that they have a bigger stake in the matter and should be given preferential treatment.

According to a source very close to the situation, Floyd Mayweather, JR., has threatened to pull out of the March showdown with Manny Pacquiao over a weight issue. Apparently the weight of the meeting has been established, but the wiggle room that Floyd allegedly wants is being contested by Team Pacquiao. In his bout with Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd came in heavy and paid for it financially, but others contend that Marquez paid for it in the ring, losing badly. Pacquiao does not want to face a fighter a division or so heavier than he is and has rightfully protested.

Coming in at 146 for a welterweight fight is not coming in "heavy". After that I had a hard time talking the article seriously.
    I think FMJ is trying to gain a mental advantage over Team pacquiao. By doing this getting them to agree on something else if he seems to give in on the weight. Like the type of gloves or the size of the gloves etc....Lefty

Comment

[QUOTE=LEFTYGUNZZ;6991214]
      Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post

I think FMJ is trying to gain a mental advantage over Team pacquiao. By doing this getting them to agree on something else if he seems to give in on the weight. Like the type of gloves or the size of the gloves etc....Lefty

This might be true, but what if Team Pacman tells Floyd to go **** himself and find somebody else to make his money? Pacman can go for his 8th title, or fight the winner of the Berto-Mosley fight or retire for good altogether...

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post

This might be true, but what if Team Pacman tells Floyd to go **** himself and find somebody else to make his money? Pacman can go for his 8th title, or fight the winner of the Berto-Mosley fight or retire for good altogether...
        Wouldnt that be ducking Floyd then?

Comment

please let it happen

Comment

Call it what you want, but it was Floyd who was bitching on things that are supposed to be standard boxing agreements, like you come in heavy, you pay a fine...

Comment

At this point it would not be duckign Floyd since the fight is for a WW title and the weight limit on the WW division is 147lbs. I truly think that Floyd is using the weight thing as a tatic to have team Pacquiao cave on another of his requests....Lefty

Comment

duck duck quak

Comment

Not ducking. It's called giving a dose of his own medicine.

Comment

I dont know u but i already dont like u.
                    Your lack of boxing knowledge and igronance is very much annoying me

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                      I dont know u but i already dont like u.
                      Your lack of boxing knowledge and igronance is very much annoying me
                      STFU you *******,
                      I never said Pac was ducking Floyd I said in reference to what that user was saying,
                      If you dont like me dont reply to my threads you fuckin idiot......
                      Piss off

Comment

Working...
                      X