No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cloud: "Chad Dawson Can't Run For 12 With Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    Dawson actually should fight Cloud while he might be rusty and doesn't have that much marketability, because when people start to demand this fight it's Cloud that will get the lion's share of the money, because Dawson threw away his belt to avoid him.
    Worse than that - throwing away the belt to fight Johnson was acceptable if he'd fought Cloud after that. But after that, HBO offered him good money to fight Cloud and he ran like a chicken being chased by a fox. Dawson is both a duck and a chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Why are ppl so high on Cloud? Don't get me wrong he's a good fighter but I really don't see anything special about him. A good boxer could easily outbox him.
      Shame Dawson doesn't think so, isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
        Shame Dawson doesn't think so, isn't it!
        Dawson is not afraid of Cloud, he's only looking for the biggest fights out there and right now a fight against Hopkins is the the fight that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          NORTH MIAMI BEACH – Undefeated IBF light heavyweight champion Tarvoris Cloud (20-0, 18 KOs) has become the Rodney Dangerfield of boxing – he can’t get any respect, especially from “Bad” Chad Dawson, allegedly the top dog in the 175-pound division. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by la pantera View Post
          I don't think Cloud is ready for Dawson....he is too green. A fight against Pascal would be a good start and very fan friendly.
          @ acting like Pascal is just a stepping stone fight for Cloud

Pascal would give Dawson all he can handle and Id favor him to win actually.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Dawson is not afraid of Cloud, he's only looking for the biggest fights out there and right now a fight against Hopkins is the the fight that makes sense.
            Where's the article saying Hopkins is willing to fight Dawson? I doubt very much that that fight will ever happen. And in any case, Dawson isn't saying he'll fight Cloud if he can't get an immediate fight with Hopkins - he actually said he wasn't even willing for Cloud to fight on the undercard of his next fight, which is pathetic!

Dawson's obsession with fighting "names" who aren't a real threat any more, while avoiding the real threats in his division, is making him look like a paper champion. He's as bad as Khan.

Comment

Where's the article saying Hopkins is willing to fight Dawson? I doubt very much that that fight will ever happen. And in any case, Dawson isn't saying he'll fight Cloud if he can't get an immediate fight with Hopkins - he actually said he wasn't even willing for Cloud to fight on the undercard of his next fight, which is pathetic!

Dawson's obsession with fighting "names" who aren't a real threat any more, while avoiding the real threats in his division, is making him look like a paper champion. He's as bad as Khan.
              Show me more than 1 respectable P4P list that had Pascal, Cloud or Diaconu rated above Johnson, Tarver and Adamek when Chad fought them. ANY and I'll give you 300K points.

Comment

To be fair, I don't know of HBO offering any money to Dawson to fight Cloud. And if I remember right, I thought it was Cloud and his team who turned down that slot on the Dawson-Johnson undercard. I don't know if I blame them either, because Gary Shaw might have put some shady strings on the conditions of that that we don't know about.

Comment

Hopkins not a threat anymore?? Well that's your opinion....Hopkins is still one of the very best in the world and can beat anyone out there. Hopkins would for example take Cloud to school. And many fans would actually have Hopkins as the favorite against Dawson. Dawson is not avoiding Cloud, he obviously prefers to fight Hopkins who's the bigger name and also the bigger threat.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    Show me more than 1 respectable P4P list that had Pascal, Cloud or Diaconu rated above Johnson, Tarver and Adamek when Chad fought them. ANY and I'll give you 300K points.
                    What's Adamek got to do with this discussion? Good win, over a fighter still in his prime. Last one he's had.

Maidana isn't rated as highly as Marquez, but if Khan gives up his belt in order to avoid Maidana and fights Marquez instead, he'll get nothing but criticism in the forums. Cloud was Dawson's mandatory for more than a year, Dawson then gave up his belt in order not to fight him - which would have been fair enough, as he fought Johnson instead, provided he had then fought Cloud after that. But after Cloud convincingly owned Woods, Dawson has no excuse to avoid him any more - and for him to say that he won't even let HBO put him on his undercard in order to build up a future fight, that just stinks. He obviously is scared, there's no two ways about it.

Comment

Paul Williams wasn't viewed as a bigger threat than Cotto was when Margarito fought him, but that was a matter of pride when Margarito went through with that fight. 2501 is saying that Hopkins is better than Cloud. I don't know if that Mexican gatekeeper Ornales would've lasted the distance with Cloud to be honest even though I suppose that Dawson's die hard fans are trying to do everything possible to keep this fight from happening.
                      Last edited by Iceta; 12-14-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X