Robert Guerrero vs. Chris John In Early 2010?

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Heru
    Quintessence
    Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
    • Apr 2008
    • 9492
    • 533
    • 353
    • 26,205

    #1

    Robert Guerrero vs. Chris John In Early 2010?

    Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero has told ********* that the New Year will bring a serious challenge-fighting the undefeated Chris John (43-0-2, 22 KOs), the WBA Featherweight champion, who will step up to 130 pounds. Guerrero, who last month resolved a dispute between promoters Golden Boy Promotions and Goossen-Tutor Promotions and now fights for Golden Boy, said the fight will happen early in 2010.

    “Chris John’s moving up and I’m giving him a title shot,” said Guerrero, the IBF Super Featherweight champion. “I’m ready to fight again and I’m ready for top competition. Chris John is a great fighter; he’s undefeated and he has a lot of experience so it will be tough, but I’m ready to take on the top guys.”

    Guerrero, who last fought on August 22 and earned a unanimous decision over Malcolm Klassen, said a date and location are not set for the fight.

    Guerrero, 26, has been sparring with fellow Salinas, Calif., resident and prospect Eloy Perez to help him prepare for his December 4 fight against Juan Santiago. That work helped him stay sharp and should be help him prepare for the 30-year-old Indonesian.

    “I’ve stayed in great shape and sparring with Eloy worked out well because he’s shorter than me and Chris John is, too.”

    John’s last fight, apparently his last time in the ring as a featherweight, was on September 19, on the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. John Manuel Marquez bout.
  • savorduhflavor
    Undisputed Champion
    Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
    • Oct 2008
    • 8194
    • 288
    • 59
    • 14,875

    #2
    On BDL they reported that John turned that down when Fight news broke it. John is staying at FW.

    Comment

    • Spray_resistant
      Vacant interim regular(C)
      Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
      • Feb 2009
      • 29608
      • 2,972
      • 1,565
      • 53,384

      #3
      Originally posted by savorduhflavor
      On BDL they reported that John turned that down when Fight news broke it. John is staying at FW.
      He should stay at FW, he doesn't have a great deal of power to bring up, has been nearly ko'd late by Juarez at FW, and doesn't really have a big frame to put on much weight......also the ghost has fought and won at LW, it would be a bad move and if it happens I am pick Guerrero to win by ko.

      Comment

      • Heru
        Quintessence
        Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
        • Apr 2008
        • 9492
        • 533
        • 353
        • 26,205

        #4
        Originally posted by savorduhflavor
        On BDL they reported that John turned that down when Fight news broke it. John is staying at FW.
        I've heard John was gonna stay at 126 a while back, it's the first thing that caught my attention, but with these guys you never know.

        Comment

        • Doctor_Tenma
          Monster
          Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
          • Apr 2009
          • 33313
          • 1,327
          • 1,249
          • 58,127

          #5
          Originally posted by Spray_resistant
          He should stay at FW, he doesn't have a great deal of power to bring up, has been nearly ko'd late by Juarez at FW, and doesn't really have a big frame to put on much weight......also the ghost has fought and won at LW, it would be a bad move and if it happens I am pick Guerrero to win by ko.
          He'll be easy pickings, watch.

          Comment

          • BIGPOPPAPUMP
            Franchise Champion
            Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
            • Sep 2003
            • 46539
            • 2,259
            • 334
            • 5,493,285

            #6
            Originally posted by QUELOQUE
            Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero has told ********* that the New Year will bring a serious challenge-fighting the undefeated Chris John (43-0-2, 22 KOs), the WBA Featherweight champion, who will step up to 130 pounds. Guerrero, who last month resolved a dispute between promoters Golden Boy Promotions and Goossen-Tutor Promotions and now fights for Golden Boy, said the fight will happen early in 2010..
            We called bull**** on this yesterday afternoon.

            Stay updated with the latest boxing news, fight results, interviews, and rankings. Get real-time coverage of upcoming bouts, analysis, and exclusive insights from the world of boxing.

            Comment

            Working...
            TOP