Collapse
No announcement yet.

..The BEST Jab In The Sport Today...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no mention of vitali? He uses his long reach when he throws it, and it comes out in different angles. hook-jab, straight jab, he can jab to death

Comment

Call me a nuthugger, but I still love Cotto's jab. He just hasn't used it the way he should since the Mosley fight. When he's using it correctly though, it's a thing of beauty.

Comment

Lol @ Cotto's jab

Comment

Imo Wlad. One of the most powerfull and well timed jabs (only Listons is better and imo more powerfull, i say that, cause i dont like the Klits).

Vitali has a consistend and disturbing, busy jab. He realy takes his opponents rhythem.

Most are already named, but imo Floyd has a great jab, he just doesn't need to use it so much, 'cause his hooks are fast and more powerfull. He just throws perfect punches, and if he would like, I am sure he can dominate and dictate many fights just by his jab.

Chris John has a underrated jab, as Cotto.
          I also like Abrahams Jab. Powerfull and very accurate. This weapon he doesn't often enough imo.

Kessler has a good jab too.

From the small things I saw, I also have to put Kevin Johnson on this list. He wins matches mainly on relying on his jab.

Comment

Originally posted by roe View Post
            Has to be Wladimir Klitschko.. everything he does comes off of the jab.
            What's incredible is how effective his jab is. It actually hurts people.

Comment

Floyd also has a spear type jab especially to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderownz... View Post
                By best, I mean most powerful, most punishing, most effective, most effortless and most fight changing.

And.. a-go.
                What's up, calderownz!!

Appreciated hearing you on the call the other night.

Comment

Steve Cunningham
                  Ali Funeka

I don't think these guys have been mentioned yet but they both have fantastic jabs when they use them. Funeka just gave Guzman a beating thanks in large part to his ramrod jab.

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum View Post
                    What's up, calderownz!!

Appreciated hearing you on the call the other night.
                    No problem. I'd of jumped in more if I didn't think my phone was going to die on me. Lol.

Comment

Felix Sturm, beat Oscar de la Hoya just by his jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X