Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a DVR?

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
      For as long as I can remember Friday was Showtime, Saturday was HBO. All the sudden, Showtime is having their fights on Saturdays?

HBO has a great triple header featuring Diaz v. Malianaggi, Wlad v. Johnson, and Ortiz v. Antonio Diaz.

Showtime has a decent card with Bradley v. Peterson and Vic v. Rojas.

Problem is they are happening at the same time. My world is turned upside down. Is this an attempt by Showtime to muscle in on the market? Are they riding on the success of the Super Six to take over as the premier boxing network?

What do you take from all of this? Which fights will you be watching?
      maybe it has something to do with the demographic between friday night and saturday night

Comment

recording both
        watching hbo then watching sho
        thanks to the magic of tivo

Comment

HBO is part of my cable package (free), Showtime is $15 a month extra, looks like I'm watching Diaz-Malignaggi.

Hopefully, since HBO blacked out Bute-Andrade in Canada, and left me with 2 options - a ****ty internet stream, or a $60 PPV buy. Canada's boxing fans thank you.

Comment

showtime should be careful just because they have a stable of good fighters and the super 6 behind them doesn't mean that they can muscle in on HBO's territory.

this reminds me of what setanta did with sky, in both cases the smaller broadcaster seems to be trying too much too soon.

Comment

It doesn't start at the same time, Showtime starts at 6 pm Pacific, while HBO's starts at 7:15, although one will overlap the other. I will DVR the other while using the PIP option (picture in a picture) so you can watch both at the same time...

Comment

Rather watch Bradley-Peterson then HBO's card, so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
                  For as long as I can remember Friday was Showtime, Saturday was HBO. All the sudden, Showtime is having their fights on Saturdays?

HBO has a great triple header featuring Diaz v. Malianaggi, Wlad v. Johnson, and Ortiz v. Antonio Diaz.

Showtime has a decent card with Bradley v. Peterson and Vic v. Rojas.

Problem is they are happening at the same time. My world is turned upside down. Is this an attempt by Showtime to muscle in on the market? Are they riding on the success of the Super Six to take over as the premier boxing network?

What do you take from all of this? Which fights will you be watching?
                  shobox is on fridays and showtime championship boxing is on saturdays. it's been like that for as long as i can remember. where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
                    shobox is on fridays and showtime championship boxing is on saturdays. it's been like that for as long as i can remember. where have you been?
                    Not owning Showtime! I ordered Showtime for the Super Six. I should have asked for a DVR with it. =(

Comment

big fights are always on saturday.......

anyway......im watching showtime mostly(though flipping between channels a bit)......rojas-darch starts earlier i think, and bradley-peterson>>>vit-johnson and ortiz-diaz......then catch diaz beats malignaggi 2...then watch the showtime card again...(mexico's delayed feed)..and download the other fights to watch on sunday....

Comment

Working...
                      X