No announcement yet.

Media claims are false, Pac did suffer internal ear damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media claims are false, Pac did suffer internal ear damage

This thread addresses pacquaio's ear injury which he has chronically suffered during training camp and had been exasperated during the cotto fight. Now many claim that it is simply a cauliflower ear which limits the damage to the external cartilages only, and is of little concern. I beg to differ

The exterior of the ear is a vital piece of human tissue, it contributes to our auditory senses by amplifying and concentrating the sound into the ear canal. Kind of like when you manipulate a piece of paper into a cylinder and talk into one end, the magnitude of the sound is increased when exiting the other.

So one would assume that Pac's hearing problems that occurred during the post-fight interview is due to the disfigurement of the exterior cartilage. However, it has been proven that this amplification process from the external cartilage is only applicable to sound waves/pressure at a minimum distance of 20 feet. Pac was standing < 1 feet away from Max Kellerman at the interview and still had difficulty hearing Kellerman's words, he had to lean literally into Kellerman's mouth just to hear. This proves that pac's auditory malfunction originates from internal structural damage of the ear. Because at close proximity the amplification contributed by the external ear is negligible.

To address the official statements, personally I would rather believe Pac when he is telling me that he has hearing problems rather then the media broadcasting other wise. As we all know, the boxing media's interest is in its business, the disclosure of the objective truth comes second.

So rather than provide contrary proof to what the media, Pac, Roach and the rest of his camp said, you post a few paragraphs....

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
      So rather than provide contrary proof to what the media, Pac, Roach and the rest of his camp said, you post a few paragraphs....
      wow how about you read my paragraphs before you post

and this is what roach said

"Although Pacquiao beat Cotto, it was a physically demanding fight. Pacquiao suffered a broken right ear drum in addition to the cuts and bruises on his face."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4660556

and why the fuk am i even acknowedge you when you can't even read. my mistake
      Last edited by bbos; 12-08-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

*******s have excuses ready

Comment

**** off already!
          he got some cauliflower ear, it happens all the time to wrestlers and grapplers... he just needs to get it drained (before it hardens) and he's good as new... jesus, the ignorance in this place is astounding.

this is what happens when u dont drain them (bj penns ear)
          they are like trophy's to some people. it just you've put the hours in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
            wow how about you read my paragraphs before you post

and this is what roach said

"Although Pacquiao beat Cotto, it was a physically demanding fight. Pacquiao suffered a broken right ear drum in addition to the cuts and bruises on his face."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4660556

and why the fuk am i even acknowedge you when you can't even read. my mistake
            you used the kellerman example, without thinking that maybe the crowd or people around him was loud and affected the interview. If you know anything about ruptured ear drums, you would know they require surgery. Which Manny did not have.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
              you used the kellerman example, without thinking that maybe the crowd or people around him was loud and affected the interview. If you know anything about ruptured ear drums, you would know they require surgery. Which Manny did not have.
              I sure as hell didnt hear the the people around him, and they were crowding the mic. on the contrary kellerman and roach heard each other fine

Comment

No, Pacquiao suffered ear cartilage damage which they drained in fear of hardening.

Comment

Personally think there is more damage than the camp are letting on. Any ear injury affects a boxers balance. With less than 2 months rest until training I am worried that a long term problem could flare up

Comment

there was an mma fight where a guy got punched in the coliflower ear and it busted and pus squirted out

Comment

Working...
                    X