Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

But, throwing 1-punch at a time in fear of getting hit is ?

Do y'all realize that SRR, Archie Moore are all laughing at Mo**ey Mayweather right now.

For those of you who have actual boxing experience. Do any of your coaches instruct you to throw one punch at a time, so you won't get hit?

The art of hit and not get hit is the Sweet Science. But Mo**ey Mayweather has brainwashed his legion of ******s that being a p*ssy is the Sweet Science, lmao.
    Last edited by NYU Alum.; 12-08-2009, 11:10 PM.

How many of his fights have u seen of mayweather?stop going of what other people say n watch his 40 fights

Comment

Mayweather hasn't fought with the Sweet Science since '03.

He's been a pot-shotting track star since then.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
        How many of his fights have u seen of mayweather?stop going of what other people say n watch his 40 fights
        I don't need to torture myself by watching a mediocre career of a talented fighter.

We're talking now!!, hell, you can even go back 3 years ago. Mo**ey Mayweather has won the cheap way. It's like cherry pickin' in B-Ball, it's legal, but really, do you give any props to anyone who wins by cherry pickin' in pick-up games.

Comment

Originally posted by LATINOSNOBAYAG View Post
          I don't need to torture myself by watching a mediocre career of a talented fighter.

We're talking now!!, hell, you can even go back 3 years ago. Mo**ey Mayweather has won the cheap way. It's like cherry pickin' in B-Ball, it's legal, but really, do you give any props to anyone who wins by cherry pickin' in pick-up games.
          I agree to a certain point. I've been a fan of his since he was on espn and fighting in the lower classes. He isn't as exciting as he once was. But the guy shuts down most opponents for 8 rds with his style. Stop calling it cheating. You people are incredible with the statements you make. By the way I wish he would go back to his old style but give him credit for his talent

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
            I agree to a certain point. I've been a fan of his since he was on espn and fighting in the lower classes. He isn't as exciting as he once was. But the guy shuts down most opponents for 8 rds with his style. Stop calling it cheating. You people are incredible with the statements you make. By the way I wish he would go back to his old style but give him credit for his talent
            You're missin' my point. I agree, for a guy who is as talented as he is, don't you think he should be doing more?

WTF, aren't you yourself disgusted with the way Floyd has been fighting since Baldomir. I mean, yes, he's shuttin' folks down by not giving his opponents much of an opportunity to land on him.

Then again, PAC has been shuttin' motherf**kers down!! You wanna talk about shuttin' it down, go watch some PAC fights!!

Comment

Do y'all realize that SRR, Archie Moore are all laughing at Mo**ey Mayweather right now.

For those of you who have actual boxing experience. Do any of your coaches instruct you to throw one punch at a time, so you won't get hit?

The art of hit and not get hit is the Sweet Science. But Mo**ey Mayweather has brainwashed his legion of ******s that being a p*ssy is the Sweet Science, lmao.
              Anybody can throw a four punch combo, anybody can throw one punch at a time, the sweet science is hitting and not getting hit, Floyd hits his target and he doesnt get hit himself, thereby employing the sweet science. How many titles have you won? How many fights have you had, before you criticize someone for doing something you wouldnt dare even think about doing take a look in the mirror.

Comment

it's easier to show off defensive skills waiting for the opponent to move and just countering.

the true greats have great defense while being on the offensive.

Comment

I have a lot of experience fighting in the ams ,but back to your question he is a counter punching defensive fighter he is looking for that shot you dont see./

Comment

The way i see it is that as he moved up he became more defensive. If you watch his fights, he doesn't fight his fighter's fight. He sticks to his. If the Pacman doesnt finish, stun, or seriously hurt Floyd in the first 4 rounds then I dont see him winning. That seems to be how long it takes Floyd to adjust to his opponents style and gameplan. He can turn his offensive game up if he chooses to. I dont get where everyone says he runs the whole fight. ITS CALLED BOXING. NOT STAND THERE AND SEE WHO CAN TAKE THE MOST PUNCHES TO THE HEAD.!

Comment

Working...
                    X