Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd fights a scared fight now days. Sure he hits and does not get hit but it is not very fan friendly. It works but it makes for a bad fight (for the fans and the other guy as well). It is just his style nothing against it I guess but when I think of the "sweet science", I think of someone who has a fluid offense and defense.

Floyd is either defensive or offensive while defensive. He does not have that ability to come in and attack ferociously then become defensive right after. He is defensive, then hits once in a defensive fashion, then back to a defensive guard while backing off. It is like he never truly becomes offensive while the great ones are offensively and defensively overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Floyd fights a scared fight now days. Sure he hits and does not get hit but it is not very fan friendly. It works but it makes for a bad fight (for the fans and the other guy as well). It is just his style nothing against it I guess but when I think of the "sweet science", I think of someone who has a fluid offense and defense.

Floyd is either defensive or offensive while defensive. He does not have that ability to come in and attack ferociously then become defensive right after. He is defensive, then hits once in a defensive fashion, then back to a defensive guard while backing off. It is like he never truly becomes offensive while the great ones are offensively and defensively overwhelming.
      LOL another hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
        also, Floyd lands around 40%-50% of his punches in fights. How is that not effective offense?
        thats because he throw 10 punches a round and lands 5.. lol

Comment

Fans are looking for a variety in every fighter's bout. When a lot of people said De la hoya is going to KO manny, He showed defense and offense. When people say hatton is big and has the bigger punching power, Manny KO'ed Hatton with a devastating left. When they said that Cotto is strong and in his prime and will test Manny, he showed how strong his chin was, he's punching power and he surpassed the test with an A+ grade. That is variety and that is the thing that people will look in every fight, that's why Manny is having this success and honor, not just the same thing over and over again, dodge and pot shot like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
            LOL another hater.
            LOL same ****rider, what's new?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              it's not about the percentage.

i could throw 20 punches and land 50% while my opponent throws 60 punches and land 30% and i would lose the round.
              Okay now go find a round where someone tripled Floyd's workrate.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                So what it comes down to in your perspective is if you don't respect Floyd's fighting style you are not a boxing fan.

Typical *****. Throwing 10 punches a round is not an effective offense.
                yes, I believe true boxing fans respect Floyds style.
                And your statistics used to formulate your arguments are completly invalid. Floyd throws far more than 10 punches a round.
                It is statements like this that eliminate any shred of credibility you may have once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                  a poster claimed Floyd does not have effective offense.
                  His percentage of landing proves otherwise.
                  depends on what you consider offense.

if you count counterpunching as an offense then yes.

but how good is floyd coming forward. he use to be very good in the lower weight classes but we haven't seen much of it in the higher weight classes.

i'm trying to think back on the few times floyd got hit flush and hurt or stunned.

didn't he get caught by zab and corley while he was going forward?

i'm trying to remember......

Comment

Originally posted by TopContender View Post
                    Okay now go find a round where someone tripled Floyd's workrate.
                    i'm not talking about just floyd.

i'm talking about in general.

i was talking to easy e about percentages.

Comment

Originally posted by imscythe View Post
                      Fans are looking for a variety in every fighter's bout. When a lot of people said De la hoya is going to KO manny, He showed defense and offense. When people say hatton is big and has the bigger punching power, Manny KO'ed Hatton with a devastating left. When they said that Cotto is strong and in his prime and will test Manny, he showed how strong his chin was, he's punching power and he surpassed the test with an A+ grade. That is variety and that is the thing that people will look in every fight, that's why Manny is having this success and honor, not just the same thing over and over again, dodge and pot shot like Floyd.
                      That's why I'm telling you man, Pacquiao will try to outbox Floyd come March 13th. To prove everyone wrong once again. Hehe. May be to prove he is a smarter fighter than Money May and have better ring generalship. Hehe, I know, I know its highly unlikely but man, you have just described how Manny have been proving everybody wrong on how he wins. But this will be the ultimate shocker. How will people rate him then as an ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X