Is Calzaghe the best SMW of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigel Benn > Calzaghe

Comment

Calzaghe ain't a ATG, at all. But a good and stabile fighter at SMW, no doubt. Great speed, durability and technique. I'd rate him high, but nowhere near ATG status.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
        Calzaghe ain't a ATG, at all. But a good and stabile fighter at SMW, no doubt. Great speed, durability and technique. I'd rate him high, but nowhere near ATG status.
        what is a atg status? please inform me

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
          Nigel Benn > Calzaghe
          I agree. Atleast Nigel Benn had the guts to go to america and take on some real challenges.

Nigel Benn's win over Gerald McClellan is better than any of Calzaghes wins.

Comment

Originally posted by KiidDynamite View Post
            what is a atg status? please inform me
            The respect that Ali, Henry Armstrong, SRR and those has gotten through time.

Comment

Joe Calzaghes accomplishments at super middleweight are no better than Sven Ottke's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                Nigel Benn > Calzaghe
                Benn is one of my favourite boxers, but I think Calzaghe has achieved more than him at smw.In terms of best wins that may be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Mulder View Post
                  I agree. Atleast Nigel Benn had the guts to go to america and take on some real challenges.

Nigel Benn's win over Gerald McClellan is better than any of Calzaghes wins.
                  That was better than Calzaghe's wins. I agree.

But Benn can't be rated higher because one of his wins was better than Calzaghes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Surfer View Post
                    Benn is one of my favourite boxers, but I think Calzaghe has achieved more than him at smw.In terms of best wins that may be a different story.
                    Nigel Benn's best wins at 168:

Gerald McClellan(beat RJJ in the amatuers)
                    Iran Barkley(beat Hearns x2)
                    Doug Dewitt
                    Thulani Malinga

Joe Calzaghe's best wins at 168:

Mikkell Kessler(who got beat up way worse by Andre Ward)
                    Jeff Lacy(a hyped up c level fighter who never beat anybody of note)
                    Chris Eubank(past prime and weightdrained, was preparing for a fight at light heavy)
                    Sakio Bika

Their resumes are very close but I give Nigel Benn the edge because he took on alot tougher challenges. He also fought a draw with a prime Eubank.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Mulder View Post
                      Nigel Benn's best wins at 168:

Gerald McClellan(beat RJJ in the amatuers)
                      Iran Barkley(beat Hearns x2)
                      Doug Dewitt
                      Thulani Malinga

Joe Calzaghe's best wins at 168:

Mikkell Kessler(who got beat up way worse by Andre Ward)
                      Jeff Lacy(a hyped up c level fighter who never beat anybody of note)
                      Chris Eubank(past prime and weightdrained, was preparing for a fight at light heavy)
                      Sakio Bika

Their resumes are very close but I give Nigel Benn the edge because he took on alot tougher challenges. He also fought a draw with a prime Eubank.
                      Good post, I think Benn should of got the nod for the second Eubank fight. I think even Eubanks admits that as well

Not sure how much credit Calzaghe should get for the Eubank fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X