Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Paul Williams' stock went down or up in your opinion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stayed the same.
    Like someone else said, he would still give alot of people problems.
    And yeah, Cotto beat Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post
      u cant rasie asergios...and do nothing to paul...
      paul
      held his own aginst what turned out to be a great fighter
      Yes you can...

Comment

One good/great win and his stock will be back up.

If you didn't expect Martinez to clip Williams a ton, (Roger Mayweather's voice) "You don't know **** about boxing". Why? Because Quinatana and Sharmba Mitchell were hitting Paul clean for as long as they could throw. Quinatana with the overhand left and Sharmba with the right hook.

What we did learn about P-Will is that his chin isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          What we did learn about P-Will is that his chin isn't that good.
          He got dropped but got hit with tons of shots throughout the fight that were bombs and didn't budge...what's wrong wit his chin?

Comment

I'm pretty disappointed in certain posters who won't give the guy any credit at all, and say stupid **** like he just gets by on stamina, size, and height. Those dudes are some ***** ass haters. If you guys think tonight is bad for Williams, I remember when people left him in the ditch after he lost that fight to Quintana.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
              I'm pretty disappointed in certain posters who won't give the guy any credit at all, and say stupid **** like he just gets by on stamina, size, and height. Those dudes are some ***** ass haters. If you guys think tonight is bad for Williams, I remember when people left him in the ditch after he lost that fight to Quintana.
              Yeah I hate this ****ing site sometimes man...I might out half this board on ignore...foreal.

It will make my time here way morre enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                He got dropped but got hit with tons of shots throughout the fight that were bombs and didn't budge...what's wrong wit his chin?
                It wasn't as good, as I thought it was.

Quintana isn't no pillow puncher and he was landing clean overhand lefts that Paul wasn't even seeing. Even in the first round of the rematch Quintana landed a shot that was as hard and as much leverage that he could throw.

Margarito landed a more than a few hard shots in the second half of that fight.

You say he didn't budge, but Martinez landed a couple shots that stunned Paul. His eyes would do roll back and his neck would be on a swivel.

Williams is the type of fighter that if he gets hurt, he wouldn't let on unless he's really hurt. Pacquiao admitted he was hurt by a shot in the Cotto fight, but he didn't let on.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                  martinez aint a puncher....

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                    I read a good post earlier. Every good fighter gets what people call a gift decision at least once in their career.

Mayweather vs. Castillo 1

Dawson vs. Johnson 1

JMM vs. Pac 2

Mosley vs. De La Hoya 2

Cotto vs. Mosley and Cotto vs. Clottey

So does this mean that Paul Williams is a garbage fighter just because of a couple of judges being a little bit generous to him. I can definitely see Williams winning the fight too because it seemed like Sergio was done at the end and he was initiating clinches like crazy. I thought that kind of ruined the fight a little bit. Because when I saw that, I thought to myself this fight is gonna go the distance for sure. Williams acted like he wanted it more, and that to me, was the difference.
                    williams' fanboys need to return to the drawing board, i think.

Comment

Didn't affect it to me because I didn't think as highly of him before the fight as some others did, the fight confirmed to me that he isn't what people make him out to be. But he is a difficult fight for pretty much anyone out there, win or lose but he's not some kind of invincible, formidable force.

Comment

Working...
                      X