Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was bigger achievement pac beating cotto or jones beating ruiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    Roy Jones won his first major title as a middleweight and eventually won the WBA heavyweight title against Ruiz who was 226 pound while he weighed 193 a 33 pound difference. In addition, Ruiz was 66 pounds heavier than his first title of 160. It was only the only time in recent era where a middleweight became a heavyweight champ.

Pac won a title in a 7th weightclass by beating Cotto at 145, pac first title was at 112. I believe he is the only flyweight to win a welterweight title.
    Roy putting on almost 30 lbs to fight in a division he never fought at before is much better than Pac beating Miguel Cotto.

Maybe had Pac jumped right from 135 and went to WW to beat Cotto then it would be. He was already settled in at that weight. I mean even @ 130 & 135 he weighed that of a welterweight on fight night. RJJ had never fought that high of weight before. John Ruiz weighed 226lbs and RJJ weighed 193....there is no comparison
    Last edited by Cash Cow; 12-01-2009, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Pac by far. Ruiz is not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
        What was Hayes weight Disadvantage against Valuev? like 100 Pounds. SO Haye IS REALLY UNBELIEVABLE RITE?

dude, don't over analyze

im just giving credit to where it's due

i even picked Pac's win over Roy's win

for me both of them were very talented fighters that can jump thru weights
        coz they both can carry their speed up

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
          Roy putting on almost 30 lbs to fight in a division he never fought at before is much better than Pac beating Miguel Cotto.

Maybe had Pac jumped right from 135 and went to WW to beat Cotto then it would be. He was already settled in at that weight. I mean even @ 130 & 135 he weighed that of a welterweight on fight night. RJJ had never fought that high of weight before. John Ruiz weighed 226lbs and RJJ weighed 193....there is no comparison
          Before Roy has a fighter won a MW title and a HW title?

Before Pac has a fighter won a flyweight title and a WW?

Answer those questions then you will have your answer to the TS question.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
            Pac by far. Ruiz is not that good.
            Thank you see you know your ****..

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Before Roy has a fighter won a MW title and a HW title?

Before Pac has a fighter won a flyweight title and a WW?

Answer those questions then you will have your answer to the TS question.
              I mean if we are talking about who moved up more weight classes then YES Pac has it. BUT if we are talking about WHICH Individual bout was a bigger achievement then I would have to say Roy because he moved up 20 lbs in 1 fight to fight a guy that outweighed him by 30lbs in a weight class he had never fought at or at a weight he had NEVER fought at. Pac was already fighting @ the WW limit on fight night prior to beating Cotto. Roy HAD NEVER fought at 193lbs on the night of a fight

Comment

I agree that RUiz is not that good and his fights are known for excessive clinching and boredum. But i think there were quite a few worse heavyweight champs than him. He did beat Rahman, Holyfied, Golata,Oquendo(who really beat byrd) and Tucker. He also was robbed in one of the fights with Valuev and possibly the 2nd, even the german fans booed. He probably beat holyfield in 2 of their 3 fights, and is one of the few to score a KD against him. In addition, the fact is Lennox Lewis didnt want to fight him even though he was the WBA contender, styles make fights and Lewis took Michael Grant instead.

Ruiz is definitely better than Chris Byrd who is known for getting a gift decisions. Remember the Fres Oquendo fight? Byrd also was given another gift draw when he fought Golota. Ruiz is a better HW champ than guys like Valuev, Sanders, Byrd, and Rahman, so he is not good but far from the worse.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                  but come on, it was JOHN RUIZ. lol Wasn't like he fought a hard puncher like David Tua or something. Even beating Holyfield would have made him look good.
                  I mean I know James Toney was ON something, but he beat Ruiz and knocked him down.

To me, that Heavyweight Win is overrated because it tries to make it seem that Ruiz is ACTUALLy a GREAT Heavyweight when we all Know Damn well he isn't. He is probably one of the worst heavyweight champs of the past 10 years and probably all time.
                  LOL@ I know James Toney was taking horse tranquilizers but he knocked Ruiz Down...

Ruiz has done something Cotto has NEVER done and thats beat a legitimate TITLE Holder...he beat Holyfield for the WBA World heavyweight title & then lost that title to.................Roy Jones Jr.

FACT: Miguel Cotto has only won VACANT Title's

Comment

name a former flyweight or even a featherweight from pacquiao's era that could have beaten cotto?

a former middleweight in toney beat the same ruiz jones beat. although toney did get caught roiding.

Comment

bobby manila

Comment

Working...
                      X