No announcement yet.

Guzman shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Showtime Shawn View Post
    thats huge i didnt know he got big like that. he should never get bigger than 45 or 50 if he stays in the gym
    That's one thing that really kills me about him.

Comment

thats huge i didnt know he got big like that. he should never get bigger than 45 or 50 if he stays in the gym
      He does look a bit softer at 135 like Campbell did at 140.......I think he should try and see if he can still make 130.,......him vs Robert Guerrero would be an excellent fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        He does look a bit softer at 135 like Campbell did at 140.......I think he should try and see if he can still make 130.,......him vs Robert Guerrero would be an excellent fight.
        i think he takes guerrero at 130

Comment

i think he takes guerrero at 130
          I think so too, he does not seem to have the power at lw that he did at lower weights in addition to being much faster than the Ghost......and he showed the heart to tough it out through adversity against Funeka. At 33 though time is running out for him to make something happen he can't be as inactive as he has been whatever the course he chooses to take in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I think so too, he does not seem to have the power at lw that he did at lower weights in addition to being much faster than the Ghost......and he showed the heart to tough it out through adversity against Funeka. At 33 though time is running out for him to make something happen he can't be as inactive as he has been whatever the course he chooses to take in his career.
            I thought the frist three rounds he looked great. the nose being busted and bleeding like that caused him to gas and probably swallow a lot of blood in the back of his throat. If you ever had your nose busted like that and I have you know what I am talking about you try to breathe through your mouth and you get that drip in the back of your throat. Can cause you problems with your stomach and mentally damges you during the fight. Not to mention you are getting less oxygen to your muscles so fatigue sets in much faster. i thought Funeka was a beast and controlled the distance with his jab fantastically. He busted up the rest of his face be it with a head butt or the jab and cross combination. the right hand Guzman walked into almost ended the fight and the next round after that he was stil on shaky legs but he foguht through it and managed to come back and win another round or two. I had the score more like the 116-112 but 114-114 whcih two toerh judges scored it had me scratching my head. All in all it was a good fight in which I never thought he gave up or folded in. At 33 years of age he stil has quickness and movement to get inside and if he wasn't so busted up I think he would have given Funeka moire trouble....Don't forget Funeka is no slouch....lefty

Comment

How many people on here used to watch Guzman from 118-130? Compare that to the fighter you saw in the first round on Saturday night. The difference was great. Such a waste of talent.

Comment

Ali Funeka was a beast, Guzman was bothered by the blood clearly and it affected the way he fought but i think Ali just had his number. Though he doesn't look too comfortable at the weight and i'm not sure if he can get to 130 anymore. Having said that, i'd still want to see Valero-Guzman.

Comment

Thread title had me worried for a second. I thought it meant Guzman was actually shot by someone. Thank goodness he was only talking about being past prime.

Comment

Guzman isn't shot or faded, he clearly slept on this guy. During the fight Guzman's body looked pretty soft . I think he was out of shape for the fight. Funeka is a good fighter but, I'd pick Marquez, Katsidis and Diaz to beat him.

Comment

I wouldn't say shot but probably declining. I think he's past his best, sadly. Of course you have to factor in the quality of opponent in Funeka but he looked poor in the fight previous too that.

Is anyone really surprised though? The inactivity, the fluctuations in weight (I don't like that he is coming in so heavy on fight night), his age...

Comment

Working...
                      X