No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather-Marquez: Marquez looked sharp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    Mayweather's ability to dodge punches made him look slow at times. But any other fighter his own size not named Mayweather would have been in big trouble.

His counters where very fast. Floyd at times seem like he was gonna begin throwing combos. But Marquez's counter punching ability made one punch at a time a safer option. Pac through combination's which gave Marquez plenty of opportunities to counter.

Marquez is not done. He is capable of beating any fighter at 135 to 140.

Funenka vs. Marquez

Soto or Valero vs Marquez

Urango vs. Marquez

I would favor Marquez in all these fights.

Bradley, Alexander, and Madiana would be difficult.

I agree.Marquez hands were blazing fast.The Floyd haters/Pac sperm drinkers try to discredit Floyd by saying Marquez became slow when he moved up when in reality he looked as fast if not faster in the Floyd fight then in his fight with Juan Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
      Surely your joking?

Im guessing the DLH pac faught was the same DLH mayweather faught?

Hell no,

if jumping weights was that easy, pacquiao would be in the super middleweight division...

You know full well that it was a sluggish JMM....all he had was increased muscle size...less speed...less effective power..

Even you as a huge mayweather fan shouldnt bring yourself to other peoples standards and try give mayweather full credit for this...

I wouldnt even agree with pac fighting JMM at this weight, Pac would actually Demolish and steam roll him....

Pac fighting him at the lighterweights was the best fights they could of had...JMM at his best

THat`s a bull**** comparision.Marquez is a half a inch taller then Pacquiao so your argument is idiotic.And Floyd`s natural weight is 130.At welterweight he`s not as a fast and does`nt have nowhere the power.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        That fight is a stylistic nightmare for Marquez at any weight, and then give Floyd every single physical advantage you could possibly come up with, which obviously resulted in a mismatch.

I don't think Marquez looked nearly as slow and lethargic at 144 as some people on here claim, but he definitely wasn't as fast nor hit as hard than he did, even at 135.

I think he can win a belt at 140.

That`s b.s.Marquez was atleast as fast as when he was at 135.Even Nacho Beristien said Marquez looked fast.Ya`ll just want to find a way to discredit Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          JMM was in no way, shape or form sharp or near his best.

I reckon that Floyd eats him at anyweight, but to Say he was sharp is stupid and ridoculous
          And i think you an idiot.Floyd makes fighters look lame.

Comment

Manny at 140+ stops Marquez in under 8.
            Thats BS. Everyone thinks Pac is so different and that JMM isnt the same at 140+ but the only thing that seperates them is that Pac fought Hatton, Oscar, & Cotto while JMM fought Floyd

Comment

LOL. Floyd didn't beat Marquez using size? Perhaps you missed the 200 jabs landed, using his superior size and reach to effectively control the range, preventing Marquez from getting inside. That was a quintessential "bigger man" fight, practically the Mayweather version of Vlad Klitchsko.
              Floyd would have the size advamtage in any weight.And also the skill advantage and speed advantage.Point is Floyd beat Marquez at any weight.No excuses.

Floyd beat Corrales,Genero Hernandez,Justin Jukko,Tony Pep,Oscar Delahoya,and Philip Ndou.And they all had a size advantage over him.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                Thats BS. Everyone thinks Pac is so different and that JMM isnt the same at 140+ but the only thing that seperates them is that Pac fought Hatton, Oscar, & Cotto while JMM fought Floyd
                I disagree. At Junior Welterweight and heavier, the difference is Manny brought all of his speed and power with him. Considering how well Pacquiao's body has reacted during the weight gain compared to Marquez, you must assume that these weights are much more natural for Manny than they are Marquez. Pacquiao is a different beast right now.

Comment

It was Mayweather's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                    That`s b.s.Marquez was atleast as fast as when he was at 135.Even Nacho Beristien said Marquez looked fast.Ya`ll just want to find a way to discredit Floyd.
                    It's apparent you don't know my history on here if you think I'm trying to discredit him. But that's okay, you're new.

In regards to Marquez was "at least as fast as he was at 135", well that's your opinion, and I whole heartedly disagree. I'm not going to argue in circles.

Comment

It's apparent you don't know my history on here if you think I'm trying to discredit him. But that's okay, you're new.

In regards to Marquez was "at least as fast as he was at 135", well that's your opinion, and I whole heartedly disagree. I'm not going to argue in circles.
                      Even though Marquez was somewhere in there, we saw Marquez double up a right hand and land. He landed a good right hand before getting knocked down; rarely have we seen Mayweather's opponents land that accurate. I still saw the greatness in that poor man's Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X