No announcement yet.

Why was Marquez-Pacquiao II so close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Styles makes fights.

yea, what larryx said. JMM is Pac's Joe Frazier.

Comment

Both.

Most people agree Marquez get's killed at 140+, so it does have something to do with the weight.

But...

It's also Marquez's skills that kept him competitive with Pacquaio when no one else could at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ummid View Post
        oh ****! no, you didn't just sully the name of mexico's last hero...
        is jmm even in mexico's top 10?

barrera and morales was loved by mexican and mexican americans.

marquez was just some guy they rooted for occassionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          is jmm even in mexico's top 10?

barrera and morales was loved by mexican and mexican americans.

marquez was just some guy they rooted for occassionally.
          jmm is like the klitschko brothers. he rose to fame by default after the legends retired/faded away.

Comment

jmm is like the klitschko brothers. he rose to fame by default after the legends retired/faded away.
            klitschkos have a better resume.

Comment

jmm dont even like mexican-americans

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                klitschkos have a better resume.
                well according to some people here, jmm beat pac twice, would beat him again at any weight, was robbed against chris john, defeated prime barrera, prime casamayor, KOd the hof'er juan diaz, and would have beat pbf had they fought at jmm's best weight... how's that for a resume?

Comment

well according to some people here, jmm beat pac twice, would beat him again at any weight, was robbed against chris john, defeated prime barrera, prime casamayor, KOd the hof'er juan diaz, and would have beat pbf had they fought at jmm's best weight... how's that for a resume?
                  I don't know about all that but what I do know is that Marquez was following Pacquiao to his corner. Bayless had to detour Marquez in the right direction LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by civicvx View Post
                    I don't know about all that but what I do know is that Marquez was following Pacquiao to his corner. Bayless had to detour Marquez in the right direction LOL.
                    his corner just ran out of water/towels/vaseline so he wanted to ask pac's corner if they have some spare.

Comment

oh ****! no, you didn't just sully the name of mexico's last hero...
                      bahahaha! thats true, marquez is all those mexicans got left. i know mexico, usa, and europe is the strong hold of boxing and there will always be a mexican hero but the fact cant be denied that marquez is their last hope. marquez reminds me of pacquiao in that pacquiao is the flips last hero too. flips are **** scared of pacquiao loosing...i wonder why?

they will all go back to rooting for black guys in the nba once pacquiao retires.
                      what ******ed marquez fans said all this bull****? ****ing idiots who ever said all that...reminds me of some people on here that said pac beat a prime healthy weight morales that got robbed against raheem, win over barrera 2 was a great accomplishment, david diaz was a hall of famer, ricky hatton was a certified boxing master, de la hoya was a monster, and that marquez was a great fighter(marquez is overrated but yet they say it was a great win for pac, lol)
                      Last edited by Zarco; 11-30-2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X