No announcement yet.

Guzman showed a lot of heart in his first career LOSS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guzman showed a lot of heart in his first career LOSS

I've never seen guzman so busted up. Probably had a broken nose after the 3rd round, had a NASTY cut over the eye by a clash of heads, and another cut caused by Funeka punch. He had every reason to tell his corner not to continue, but he didn't.

Funeka is a certified beast, he proved that once again last night. And Guzman, despite getting busted up and pounded, continued to go toe to toe with him and he took some monster shots that most guys at 135 would not have survived. So all the "Guzman only runs" talk should end now.

I don't know what it is about the Canadian judges, but they never seem to get it right, gotta feel bad for Funeka, that's twice now he got screwed over. He proved he was the better fighter last night.

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    I've never seen guzman so busted up. Probably had a broken nose after the 3rd round, had a NASTY cut over the eye by a clash of heads, and another cut caused by Funeka punch. He had every reason to tell his corner not to continue, but he didn't.

Funeka is a certified beast, he proved that once again last night. And Guzman, despite getting busted up and pounded, continued to go toe to toe with him and he took some monster shots that most guys at 135 would not have survived. So all the "Guzman only runs" talk should end now.

I don't know what it is about the Canadian judges, but they never seem to get it right, gotta feel bad for Funeka, that's twice now he got screwed over. He proved he was the better fighter last night.
    My prediction over a year ago came true.
    I said as soon as Guzman ups the competition he will lose and he did.

Comment

I agree. He really made up for the Soto performance.

I really thought he was ***** made after that fight.

I gave him 3 rounds last night.

Comment

See what happens when you stop worshiping Tye, Guzman paid the price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
          My prediction over a year ago came true.
          I said as soon as Guzman ups the competition he will lose and he did.
          well you were right. Although Funeka is a pretty big test for anyone at 135. I don't know if it's just that he's too much of a beast for guzman, or guzman breaking his nose, guzman being rusty or losing a step due to age and inactivity, or a combination of everything. Regardless, Funeka whooped him pretty good and imo he is the man to beat at 135 right now.

Comment

I havn't seen the fight but I predicted it would be close, I was wrong by the sound of it.

If anyone has a link or has the fight, let me know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
              I havn't seen the fight but I predicted it would be close, I was wrong by the sound of it.

If anyone has a link or has the fight, let me know. Thanks
              I had guzman winning the first two rounds (which was before his face got all busted up), then he won I think the 7th round and you could make the case he won a later round like 11 or 12 but that's pretty much it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                well you were right. Although Funeka is a pretty big test for anyone at 135. I don't know if it's just that he's too much of a beast for guzman, or guzman breaking his nose, guzman being rusty or losing a step due to age and inactivity, or a combination of everything. Regardless, Funeka whooped him pretty good and imo he is the man to beat at 135 right now.
                WHat some forget is part of being great or respected is you must fight. I think that is why Guzman came out in 1 and 2 like a new fighter. Im sure he has heard people saying he doesnt fight and he is a runner and his inactivity is absurd.
                Im sure he tried to show different last night but his inactivity caught up with him, which it should have. No fighter is above the rules of boxing. He might have something left but he must work for it. But that last statement seems to be the story of his career.

Comment

Soto could take Funeka out.

The man's a beast.

Comment

yea guzman did show heart...but those judges should be taken out and shot

Comment

Working...
                    X