No announcement yet.

Ali Funeka and Joan Guzman Ends in a Horrible Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
    It look like African are sooo easy to rob, Funeka seem to be at the end of two controversial decisions in his two fight with Nate campbell and now Guzman.
    I didn't think the Campbell fight was controversial at all, I thought the judges had the right man winning. Ali was winning by points, but got dropped twice which cost him the fight. Sounds about right to me, I don't think he was robbed at all in that fight.

Comment

• It’s very sad to see results like this fight. I think is okay for fans to see the match in the way we want because we are going for our boxers, but a judge, which is a professional that get pay to see the fight in an objective way is a shame. Commission should penalize a judge when they have a decision like that, they should be send to a school and have few fight as a test until they can have their license restored. This fight was won by unanimous decision by Funeka.

Comment

• Funka certianly earned my respect!

Comment

• Funeka clearly won that fight...Guzman's face was a mess...

I thought Guzman would beat em but I was wrong, Funeka did his thing and they stole it from em...

Comment

• Now this was a ROBBERY! Malignaggi-Diaz was a close fight not a robbery now this fight wasn't close an was a robbery!

Comment

• PEOPLE! Listen, a lot of you want to be unbiased and for the most part you are but not 100%. Ok, I am a Guzman fan and I won't hide it---HE LOST---there is no arguing that, period!
              Now, was Guzman bad? NOPE! Before you start jumping on me read what I'm about to write next. If you look at the first two rounds he won those rounds by a landslide and Funeka could not touch him (if you don't agree with that you were not watching the same fight). In other words in the first two rounds he made Funeka look average.
              Now, this is what I think what happened. I think Guzman got a little to confident and comfortable after the first 2 roudns. That's when he got a little too aggressive and BOOM!! Funeka lands a bomb and broke his nose. After he got hurt like that with all the blood coming down constantly it changed everything (at that point you could tell that Guzman was no longer the same. I suspect he was afraid he would get hit on the nose again. I couldn't imagine what it's like to get hit on a broken nose...that's got to be painful. No doubt about that!
              So, there is my take on what happened with that fight. I strongly believe that if they fight again Guzman wins UNLESS he gets another broken nose in the first couple of rounds. Believe that!
              Oh, and one more thing....Guzman was rusty after all. Had not fought in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
                Now this was a ROBBERY! Malignaggi-Diaz was a close fight not a robbery now this fight wasn't close an was a robbery!
                The Malignaggi-Diaz was not a robbery? Get the hell out of here with that! Dude, even if they would have called a draw it would have been a robbery! I love these people...one fight's bad decision (that conviniences them) is ok but the next they are out on the streets protesting! Hypocrisy anyone??

Like I said, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE WITH THAT!

Oh, and yes THEY ROBBED FUNEKA!

Comment

• What does Funeka have to do to win a fight. The Campbell fight was close, but i still had Ali winning the fight. This fight is what puts a black eye in the sport of boxing. That was as clear cut of a victory as they come. Just look at the guys face. he was busted up everywhere, and after the 2nd round, Guzman didn't win another round clearly. To say it was 6 to 6 was horrible. Kudos to Funeka, he is a real fighter, and a true champion.

Comment

• Why did Golden Boy even bother re-signing Guzman is what I'd like to know?

Comment

• i scored it 10-2 for ali...guzman clearly won the first two...after that...he got picked apart slowly...118-110...**** those judges...

Comment

Working...
                      X