Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali Funeka and Joan Guzman Ends in a Horrible Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a bit surprising. Funeka just dominated a very talented, tough fighter with a jab and right hand. It's kind of sick that a lightweight title fight was just won by a 6 foot, 152 pound fighter, but that's a different story altogether.

This fight goes to show that even undefeated, rather dominant fighters can be humbled if they fight the best and take on real challenges. There is almost always someone out there bigger and badder than you are. Guzman just found that out the hard way.

I gotta give Funeka some love though. The guy has a great jab, good stamina and a lot more skill than he gets credit for. Too bad he got robbed tonight. I thought the Campbell fight was close enough to reasonably see the fight for Campbell, but this decision was awful, plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katz View Post
      Guzman is overrated piece of ****. Nate would school his ass..
      Nothing but another hater! No boxing analysis..just plain hate! Man, if you can't discuss boxing with an honest point of view why even F*****G bother...for real man!

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        I could argue the 3rd and the 6th for Guzman in addition to the 1,2, and 7 he clearly won.

Don't know if I can argue another one even though he was winning the round where he got stunned in.

I know, no one will agree with me on that. Listening to the HBO announcers and since most can't score a fight for themselves wouldn't let them.

You watch that fight without the commentary and without seeing Lederman's scorecard you will score that fight different.
        Okay, I was live at the Pepsi Center, and even if I find it more difficult to score fight live than on TV, I had it 114-114. BUT, before you insult me, I was already saying that I wasn't sure about my score, because I didn't pay 100% attention, but I gave Round 1-2-3-6-7-11.

I had no problem to give the fight to Funeka by 1 or 2 rounds maximum, but some of your cards are delusional... At one point, I saw that on the screen Russ Anber had the fight 97-94 for Funeka, I stopped watching the screen lol.

I will watch the fight again on computer and then post back my card.

Comment

• Originally posted by sebspeed View Post
          Okay, I was live at the Pepsi Center, and even if I find it more difficult to score fight live than on TV, I had it 114-114. BUT, before you insult me, I was already saying that I wasn't sure about my score, because I didn't pay 100% attention, but I gave Round 1-2-3-6-7-11.

I had no problem to give the fight to Funeka by 1 or 2 rounds maximum, but some of your cards are delusional... At one point, I saw that on the screen Russ Anber had the fight 97-94 for Funeka, I stopped watching the screen lol.

he scored it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            this is some ****ed up **** man!!! **** canada!!!
            It's the douche bags like you that make this site annoying. First of all its the Canadian judge that scored it 116 -112, so shut the f up!

Atleast in Canada we support the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by sebspeed View Post

Nah man, I wouldn't insult you. I was amped before because I know what the HBO announcers can do to viewers and people just start to spew nonsense.

See you are basically looking at the same exact score I was looking at. The HBO announcers were speaking as if Funeka won by 6 points.

Comment

• All this aside was it a good fight???? I couldn't tune in tonight cause a family event to attend to.

Comment

• Originally posted by HumanNature View Post
                  It's the douche bags like you that make this site annoying. First of all its the Canadian judge that scored it 116 -112, so shut the f up!

Atleast in Canada we support the sport.
                  No he wasnt. It was the US judge from New Jersey, Joe Pasqualli!!!!

Funeka got nastily robbed!!!!!

Comment

• i won't lie. i ended up with a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
                      All this aside was it a good fight???? I couldn't tune in tonight cause a family event to attend to.
                      yes, it was a good fight worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                      X