Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Pacquiao down in first Barrera fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronMike1966 View Post
    take a look at this i am not sure why ref ruled it a KD there was no punch from Barrera he shoud've ruled it a slip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwwtz99gTaI

look at replay from 4:04-4-11
    I didn't consider it a legitimate knockdown when I saw it.

Comment

Lampley covered the fight in ALamo and yet he mentioned that PAC was down againts Barrera. memory lapses??

Another error by Lampley was he keeps saying "Cotto is trying to make this a nine nine round" in round 3. He mentioned it at least 3 times....

Its suppose to be 10-8 and if cotto impresses then its 10-9 not 9-9. Two Judges had it at 10-9.

Lampley is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike1966 View Post
        take a look at this i am not sure why ref ruled it a KD there was no punch from Barrera he shoud've ruled it a slip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwwtz99gTaI

look at replay from 4:04-4-11
        Nah, terrible refereeing. Just a slip. Manny wasn't happy about that, and I think it made him fight even better, so maybe it's not a bad thing after all.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

If you closely, Pac fell down because Barerra stepped on Pac shoe or feet.

Comment

Originally posted by razor.thin View Post
            only if your a mayweather fan
            Did you see my post ***.. Whens enough... enough?

Comment

You guys remember near the end of round 6? Pac dropped Barrera with a similar punch he dropped Cotto in the 4th, and Ref "Clueless" Cole ruled that one a SLIP. He robbed Pac 2 points (including the 1st round FALSE KD)... not that Pac needed those points because he was dishing out a one sided beat down on Barrera, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                Lampley covered the fight in ALamo and yet he mentioned that PAC was down againts Barrera. memory lapses??

Another error by Lampley was he keeps saying "Cotto is trying to make this a nine nine round" in round 3. He mentioned it at least 3 times....

Its suppose to be 10-8 and if cotto impresses then its 10-9 not 9-9. Two Judges had it at 10-9.

Lampley is getting old.
                I heard it in the British commentary too "he was down against Barrera..." something like that... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal View Post
                  You guys remember near the end of round 6? Pac dropped Barrera with a similar punch he dropped Cotto in the 4th, and Ref "Clueless" Cole ruled that one a SLIP. He robbed Pac 2 points (including the 1st round FALSE KD)... not that Pac needed those points because he was dishing out a one sided beat down on Barrera, but still...

on barrera 1 pt deduction.

Minus 10 pts wouldnt hurt him - Jim Lampley

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                    on barrera 1 pt deduction.

Minus 10 pts wouldnt hurt him - Jim Lampley
                    LOL... and he repeated that sucker punch again in the rematch.

Comment

It's funny how all these years and everybody is still asking if it was a legit knockdown. If you clearly look at the replay, Barerra stepped on Pac shoe as Pac tried to move away so he fell.
                      Last edited by civicvx; 11-26-2009, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X