Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys saw Manny vs Cotto. How bout Cotto vs Money May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Have you ever heard of The original is always better than the clone phrase?

If Cotto tried to box Mayweather, Mayweather would solely beat him by making his style look better than Cottos(clearly Mayweather is the better boxer by far). He'll land more swiftly and would turn the match into a technical showdown...kind of like a one-sided sparring match where Cotto will be the victim

The only chance Cotto has of beating Mayweather is by turning it into a brawl, which he'll have to use his sluggish style for.
    Mayweather style is suited for Cotto, dont get me wrong. Mayweather indeed is the better boxer but you cant dissmissed what Cotto bring to the table. A strong jab and a left hook, he dont need a great right for orthodox fighter. Pacman and Mayweather style is so different that he couldnt figure it out. For me Pacman now is better as a counter puncher than Mayweather. Correct me if im wrong but never see Mayweather counter someone backing down as Pacman did on 4th round versus Cotto? If you call Mayweather fast reflexes as a counter ala Roy Jones, thats you.

Comment

Guys you're forgetting that Cotto is very chinny and gasses out in the later rounds. Mayweather will drive him nuts all night by hitting him with flush accurate straight counters.
      Cotto got a good chin, what you talkin about. After Margarito fight I thought nobody would question his chin after that.

Comment

Originally posted by 477 3Y35 0N M3 View Post
        Mayweather style is suited for Cotto, dont get me wrong. Mayweather indeed is the better boxer but you cant dissmissed what Cotto bring to the table. A strong jab and a left hook, he dont need a great right for orthodox fighter. Pacman and Mayweather style is so different that he couldnt figure it out. For me Pacman now is better as a counter puncher than Mayweather. Correct me if im wrong but never see Mayweather counter someone backing down as Pacman did on 4th round versus Cotto? If you call Mayweather fast reflexes as a counter ala Roy Jones, thats you.
        Man forget the Left jab and left hook. Cotto's defense is very weak and Taylor made for Mayweather..

As I said in my post above, Cotto starts stumbling and wabbling when he gets hit with an accurate flush shot. His head movement is very slow and MoneyMay has exactly what it takes to dilever those type of shots that give Cotto problems.

Remember what judah did with that uppercut he landed on Cotto? Mayweathers right hand is going to smother him all night in that same fashion
        Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 11-25-2009, 04:16 AM.

Comment

styles makes fight...........i can see cotto winning really...........

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            he should have use 2 instead of 4 for the A.

you youngsters don't know about pager codes.
            I dont know why but we used to 8's for A's, haha

Comment

Originally posted by 477 3Y35 0N M3 View Post
              Cotto got a good chin, what you talkin about. After Margarito fight I thought nobody would question his chin after that.
              It's not that his chin is made of glass. It's that Cotto has a big problem with fast punchers and getting caught by punches that he doesnt see.

I mean everyone does, but Cotto has a really and I mean REALLY tough time with them. As i said his slow head movement and open/wide defense doesn't help at all

Comment

Man forget the Left jab and left hook. Cotto's defense is very weak and Taylor made for Mayweather..

As I said in my post above, Cotto starts stumbling and wabbling when he gets hit with an accurate flush shot. His head movement is very slow and MoneyMay has exactly what it takes to dilever those type of shots that give Cotto problems.

Remember what judah did with that uppercut he landed on Cotto? Mayweathers right is going to smother him all night in that same fashion
                Cotto's defense is underrated after what Pacquio did to him, you forget what Pacman did Cotto is not Mayweather style. He wont pursue Cotto, when Cotto was on his bike agaisnt PAC, he still caught him. But Mayweather wont, because that's not his style. He wont potshot Cotto like he usual do agaisnt other opponents because Cotto wont let him, he's jab will make Mayweather think twice. Cotto is basic fighter to the bone, so does Mayweather. Its just that PAC is so unpredictable he is not use to it.

Comment

It's not that his chin is made of glass. It's that Cotto has a big problem with fast punchers and getting caught by punches that he doesnt see.

I mean everyone does, but Cotto has a really and I mean REALLY tough time with them. As i said his slow head movement and open/wide defense doesn't help at all
                  You know why Cotto got knockdown by Pacman in their fight, in the 3rd round he got caught buy a jumping left to the body then right to the head, have you seen anybody throw something like that? NOBODY. And on the 4th round he was slugging it out agaisnt PACMAN, he was punching as he go forward then he got caught. As you can recall on Mayweather's style he wont back down and throw punches, he's going to stay on the middle of the ring and with his reflexes will hit you after you throw a punch. Again, PACMAN's style is his own, you cant duplicate that. That's his from the 130 to 147. You can study it on video but when its fight night, goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by rottentothecore View Post
                    true pinoys appreciate cotto...

posers and wannabes dont.
                    he's good nothing special.

i just liked him because his fights were exciting but i never bought into him being a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                      I dont know why but we used to 8's for A's, haha
                      everyone's group had their own set.

some people type upside down. you had to flip the pager upside down to read it.

Comment

Working...
                      X