No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins the legendary midget basher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
    how long was trinidad retired before the mayorga fight? there was nearly a blery decade gone by between Joppy and Mayorga. Tito was not the same fighter and you know this...MAN!
    "The last thing a boxer loses is his punching power"- Kevin Rooney

Hopkins weighted in about 168 lbs against dlh.

Comment

Except that I remember when this was being speculated about this and Bernard was willing to come down to 154. Why are you bringing this up?
      Come fight night how much will he weigh?
      Last edited by Adamantium; 12-15-2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
        Before the Hopkins fight he blew out Joppy in five rounds, Naz himself would comment that his never seen that kind of punching power. after getting caught with illegal wraps he went life and death with Mayorga.

Please go and read about the incident with Tito before the Hopkins fight.
        You still havent dispoved anything if said either.
        I don't need to read the incident. I remember the original date that it was scheduled for, the day that it was postponed to and all about the hand wrap issue. What year did this 'life or death with Mayorga' happen? As I saw the fight (after Trinidad was out of the game for about three and a half years) beat the stuffing out of Mayorga.

Comment

"The last thing a boxer loses is his punching power"- Kevin Rooney

Hopkins weighted in about 168 lbs against dlh.
          you're lying. straight up.

Comment

Come fight nigjht how much will he weigh?
            what difference would that have even made? gosh man, you're trying hard but failing miserably.

Comment

bernard hopkins is indeed guilty of every thing you said, still has skills though.

Comment

I don't need to read the incident. I remember the original date that it was scheduled for, the day that it was postponed to and all about the hand wrap issue. What year did this 'life or death with Mayorga' happen? As I saw the fight (after Trinidad was out of the game for about three and a half years) beat the stuffing out of Mayorga.
                Before getting caught by Hopkins team:
                Vargas admits to being warned to watch out for Tito wraps during the promo tour forhis fight with Tito.
                Joppy admits that Hasim Rahman told him also to check Tito warps.
                He is dropping Vargas with single punches. If you watch the fight you can see even his jab is rocking Vargas's head back. He is blowing out a mw weigh Joppy in five rounds, Joppy has never been ko before or since.

After getting caught:
                He never ko another Elite figher again, let alone beat one. Kevin Rooney has said that the last thing a fighterr loses is his punching power. I guess a good example would be foreman or even Tyson.

Comment

what difference would that have even made? gosh man, you're trying hard but failing miserably.
                  Lets do this another way please tell me all the proposed fights with smaller opponents Hopkins has priced himself out of. Then tell me all the fights with Bigger opponents that he has priced himself out .

Comment

From: http://www. east side boxing. com/news.php?p=211&more=1
                    (remove spaces)

Here Hopkins is basically saying, why should I have to fight the bigger guys when I can fight the smaller guys instead. Notice how he uses the number 190 lbs when talking about lhw, the amount that lhw's will rehydrate up to come fight night.

Notice here how Hopkins says the jmw only have to move up 6 lbs, when according to his earlier logic, they would have to move up to 170 lbs, which is the weight Hopkins will be come fight night.
                    Everytime Hopkins was offered a fight with a bigger guy he always priced himseld out, whether it was with Jones, Toney or Calzage

When Hopkins was forced to move up after back to back losses to jermain taylor he chose Tarver, a fighter who had to move down 45 lbs to make weight. After beating Tarver Hopkins has refused to fight another lhw instead
                    he has fought the following opponents:

Winky:who had to move up two divisions, Calzaghe: who had to move up one division, Pavlik: who had to move up two divisions and now Ornelis who hass to move up one division.

The fights Hopkins tried to make Pwill(smaller), Froch (smaller) and Tito rematch (smaller).

When fights are offered, with guys more his own size like Dawson and Ademek he prices himself out.

Hopkins critising Floyd for fighting a smaller opponent, notice he says that Marquez was at a disadvantage because Floyd was bigger than him

God bless Bernard Hopkins the Midget Basher.

I've yet to read one legit post on here that disputes this claim. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      I've yet to read one legit post on here that disputes this claim. Good stuff.
                      Thanks, im glad someone appreciated my work.

Comment

Working...
                      X