No announcement yet.

Calzaghe fans are in damage control; legacy shattered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hater View Post
    Of course Calzaghe is ridiculed. Ward had an easier time with Kessler than Calzaghe. Are you also forgetting the part that Ward is green and it was his 21st fight?
    Ward had a great fight. His tactics were spot on, his defence was great. Kessler was cut.

It was a great night for Ward and a bad night for Kessler. Credit to Ward.

If Kessler beat Ward, Calzaghe would be an ATG???

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
      Of course Calzaghe is ridiculed. Ward had an easier time with Kessler than Calzaghe. Are you also forgetting the part that Ward is green and it was his 21st fight?
      So are you telling me that Kelly Pavlik is not easier to beat now Hopkins has shown everyone how to do it?

Comment

Ward's outclassing of Kessler definitely changed some things whether Calzaghe fans want to admit it or not. Kessler rarely even landed a good punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
          You're claiming strawman yet you're pulling figures out of your arse.
          I don't believe you know what a strawman is. I'm referencing a poll on HBO's website following the fight. Is it completely accurate, no, but considering that, the boxing message board communities, and my conversations with boxing fans I can legitimately cite 50% as a reference point.

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
            So are you telling me that Kelly Pavlik is not easier to beat now Hopkins has shown everyone how to do it?
            Pavlik lost to Hopkins at LHW, not his best weight class. Ward schooled Kessler at 168, the so called division he meant to rule after Calzaghe

Massive difference

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
              Calzaghe isnt an ATG.

Calzaghe doesnt have the most out standing resume, but its ridiculous to rubbish is whole career based on Kessler losing to Ward.

The ****** thing is u call Lacy green, yet Calzaghe was what, in his prime, against Eubank?

Thats whats called biased ******ity.
              eubank coming off of 2 losses, hadn't won a meaningful fight in nearly 3 years and wasn't even in the top 10. this is a great win somehow for calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                Ward's outclassing of Kessler definitely changed some things whether Calzaghe fans want to admit it or not. Kessler rarely even landed a good punch.
                calzaghe outclassed kessler first which was much more impressive imo all ward had todo was follow the blueprint

Comment

When Hopkins asked Calzaghe who did he beat, what was Calzaghe’s reaction

KESSLER
                  Did he say Lacy No
                  Did he say Eubank No
                  Why simply because Kessler is his best win and he knows his legacy depended on that mans success

It the cold truth, just swallow the pill of reality Calzaghe fans.

Comment

theres no 2 ways about it ... this loss hurts jc's legacy just like if kessler were to still win the super 6 it would improve jc's legacy. i think if it were more competitive or a favorite like aa putting a beating on kessler it wouldnt have done so much damage but thats not the way it happened ...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
                      Every fighters resume can get critized for example:

Without the little guys this is Hopkins legendary resume:
                      13 losses Johnson, 18 losses Brown, Hakkar, Vanderpool, Lipsey, Allen*3, Echols*2, Mercado, Eastman, Bo james and now he is risking everything by fighting the legendary Ornelias.
                      Echols, Joppy, Mercado, Eastman are good names.
                      Johnson is a great name to have on your resume, Johnson went on to beat Woods, Griffin, Tarver, RJJ. I'm surprised you mention all those loses because most were due to robberies.

He was also underdog against Tarver, Tito and Pavlik and not only won but dominated the 3.

B-Hop's resume ain't the one to fuck with.
                      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X