No announcement yet.

Name some technical flaws or bad habits of Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
    And Marquez is not even half as slick as Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
      Thanks for turning it into another Mayweather praise thread.
      What do you see as technical flaws or bad habits for Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        I don't like it when he reaches in, and he does it all too often. He leaves himself open to a wide variety of punches - particularly an uppercut or lead hook.

It'll be cool to see if Mayweather dusts off his right uppercut and brings it in against Manny - it's a weapon that's been underused against Pacman so far IMO.
        expect a lot of punches down the center of the gloves and uppercuts

Comment

Thanks for turning it into another Mayweather praise thread.
          Serious Question.....I wonder what he would say about Mayweather's skills. It would be interesting....

Comment

What do you see as technical flaws or bad habits for Pacquiao?
            I wouldn't even pretend to know. Why bother. We have a real pro fighter in here who sparred with Pacquiao for many weeks and who knows much more than any of us. For this reason, I'd rather keep my trap shut and try to avoid being an armchair boxing expert.

I do have a few thoughts on it, however. These so-called flaws that people are seing are not as easy to exploit as some are making them out to be. Pacquiao isn't like any other fighter I've ever seen, to be honest. From what I can tell, I don't think it's easy to prepare for him. Maybe impossible. Mayweather's defense seems to be crafted to deal with more traditional styles, not an unorthodox one like Pacquiao. I'd imagine Roy Jones is similar in that way. Joe Calzaghe too.

The off-balance issues people point out, for example. I'll take Shawn's word when he says Manny has mastered the ability to throw powerful shots while on the move, where anyone else would not be able to get any decent leverage behind those kind of shots.

Bottom line: Any flaws Pacquiao has are not repetitive enough to fully take advantage of. That's how I see it, but as I said, I don't have anywhere near enough technical knowledge to put forth a more convincing argument than someone like Shawn Porter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Being that Mayweather is by most considered the most adaptable fighter on earth, he'll likely look to capitalize on some technical flaws and bad habits of Manny Pacquiao.

Can you name some technical flaws or bad habits of Manny Pacquiao?
              Suceptable to "quick counter" when lunging in

Drops right hand when throwing his left "handed fastball"

When throwing right hooks...if not thrown with enough power, wide open to a counter left hook/uppercut

Loves to engage into a firefight.....

Comment

I wouldn't even pretend to know. Why bother. We have a real pro fighter in here who sparred with Pacquiao for many weeks and who knows much more than any of us. For this reason, I'd rather keep my trap shut and try to avoid being an armchair boxing expert.

I do have a few thoughts on it, however. These so-called flaws that people are seing are not as easy to exploit as some are making them out to be. Pacquiao isn't like any other fighter I've ever seen, to be honest. From what I can tell, I don't think it's easy to prepare for him. Maybe impossible. Mayweather's defense seems to be crafted to deal with more traditional styles, not an unorthodox one like Pacquiao. I'd imagine Roy Jones is similar in that way. Joe Calzaghe too.

The off-balance issues people point out, for example. I'll take Shawn's word when he says Manny has mastered the ability to throw powerful shots while on the move, where anyone else would not be able to get any decent leverage behind those kind of shots.

Bottom line: Any flaws Pacquiao has are not repetitive enough to fully take advantage of. That's how I see it, but as I said, I don't have anywhere near enough technical knowledge to put forth a more convincing argument than someone like Shawn Porter.
                Sum it up: These flaws that are being pointed out, are negated due to his speed and the inability to find a sparring partner to emulate Pac.

Comment

I do have a few thoughts on it, however. These so-called flaws that people are seing are not as easy to exploit as some are making them out to be. Pacquiao isn't like any other fighter I've ever seen, to be honest. From what I can tell, I don't think it's easy to prepare for him. Maybe impossible.
                  Mayweather's defense seems to be crafted to deal with more traditional styles, not an unorthodox one like Pacquiao
                  . I'd imagine Roy Jones is similar in that way. Joe Calzaghe too.

Unorthodox? A fast southpaw with no defense, no jab, throws alot of punches, shorter with a shorter reach and doesnt have great techincal boxing skills is someone that Mayweather's world class defense cant deal with?

Mayweather last week said Pac was one dimensional..so whos lying Shawn or Mayweather?....

Comment

technical flaws of pac:

1) he's a great finisher

2) he's too exciting

3) he's too tough for his own good

4) he never ducks a challenge

Comment

These so-called flaws that people are seing are not as easy to exploit as some are making them out to be. Pacquiao isn't like any other fighter I've ever seen, to be honest. From what I can tell, I don't think it's easy to prepare for him.
                      This much is true - his offense is his defense to a large degree and makes it tough for anyone to exploit the ch1nks in his armour.

Bottom line: Any flaws Pacquiao has are not repetitive enough to fully take advantage of.
                      I do think that his lunging is quite a glaring issue when faced with an opponent like Mayweather though. It's forgivable when his opponent meets the lunge with an attack of their own; but when you have someone stepping back and timing you onto a counterpunch it could be decisive.

Roach will try to iron it out I'm sure, but maybe it's one of those habbits that you just can't kick - because it's been an issue for as long as I've been watching Pacquiao and he still persists with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X