No announcement yet.

Edgar Sosa Will Protest TKO Loss To Rodel Mayol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgar Sosa Will Protest TKO Loss To Rodel Mayol

Former champion Edgar Sosa has spoken to the press in Mexico and disclosed his plans to file a full protest with Mexican Commission and the WBC to overturn Saturday's two-round TKO loss to Filipino Rodel Mayol in Chiapas, Mexico. Sosa won the WBC junior flyweight title in April 2007 with a decision over Brian Viloria. He made ten defenses of that title until Mayol shocked the world on Saturday. [details]

He should've spoken up, he can't expect the referee to read his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by titleholder View Post
      He should've spoken up, he can't expect the referee to read his mind.
      Because if the doctor rules he can go on, and he says that he cant, it becomes a TKO loss. The same thing happened at the end of Campbell-Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Because if the doctor rules he can go on, and he says that he cant, it becomes a TKO loss. The same thing happened at the end of Campbell-Bradley
        I do agree. There's nothing Sosa can do about it since the doctor rules that he can still go.

He just need to be prepared in the rematch not to be hit by the head of Mayol.

By the way does it mean that Mayol has a harder head than Sosa?

Comment

Originally posted by alexpz View Post
          I do agree. There's nothing Sosa can do about it since the doctor rules that he can still go.

He just need to be prepared in the rematch not to be hit by the head of Mayol.

By the way does it mean that Mayol has a harder head than Sosa?
          You have to have sympathy for Sosa, he was in control of the fight, the guy smashes him with his head (I'm not convinced it was deliberate) and he never recovered, he was still blinking and spitting out blood when the ref restarted the fight.

Comment

Yeah it was too bad the clash happend but if the rematch happens mayol should get disqualified if it happens again he has a history of using his head once it's ok two is passable but 3 times in a row I have to think that it is in his game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
              Yeah it was too bad the clash happend but if the rematch happens mayol should get disqualified if it happens again he has a history of using his head once it's ok two is passable but 3 times in a row I have to think that it is in his game plan.
              I just watched the highlights of the first Calderon fight and he headbutted him 4 times, not tap tap headbutt, real bad clashes.

Comment

I agree. Rodel "the headbutting machine" Mayol.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
                  Why the hell would Mayol get disqualified? That was just as much as Sosa's fault than Mayol. If you look at the replay, Sosa came forward more than Mayol did.

watch 2:54

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Former champion Edgar Sosa has spoken to the press in Mexico and disclosed his plans to file a full protest with Mexican Commission and the WBC to overturn Saturday's two-round TKO loss to Filipino Rodel Mayol in Chiapas, Mexico. Sosa won the WBC junior flyweight title in April 2007 with a decision over Brian Viloria. He made ten defenses of that title until Mayol shocked the world on Saturday. [details]

Comment

Working...
                    X