No announcement yet.

Floyd's jab to the body is ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im dying to see that fight... i love both of them

theres no doubt in my mind that pacquiao's speed will give floyd problems.. but idk im still gonna lean towards floyd it should be a very interesting fight
    i dont think its just manny's speed that will play the role.
    pacs power, heart, chin,and extreme workrate will be the his weapons too.

that jab of mayweather is great but has no damage.
    it doesnt only allow him to maintain his distance and but also to break opponents momentum to charge again.it outrhythms any fighter...

Comment

MAY-PAC will be epic...floyd is going to tax pac

Comment

I agree. The jab to the body is nice. Not sure why others don't use it more often. Ward landed some nice jabs to the body vs. Kess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
          I agree. The jab to the body is nice. Not sure why others don't use it more often. Ward landed some nice jabs to the body vs. Kess.
          how was it? i didnt get a chance to see it
          i actually like how ward boxes

Comment

Originally posted by illmatickid View Post
            anybody else find it how amazingly floyd lands that jab to the stomach?

its ridiculous that nobody ever counters him back, its like he lands it in a split second and is out of the way right away so the opponent cant even really counter fast enough..he usually uses it to set up his straight right lead upstairs like he did with corrales and hatton several times

its just mind blowing the way he lands it
            The reason nobody is ever able to to counter Floyd's jab to the stomach has nothing to do with his ability to get out of the way quickly.

It's because of the big reach advantage he enjoys pretty much over almost anybody he fights and that when there's a fist pressed against your stomach it hinders your ability to lean forward....further extending the distance needing to be covered in order to counter.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
              The reason nobody is ever able to to counter Floyd's jab to the stomach has nothing to do with his ability to get out of the way quickly.

It's because of the big reach advantage he enjoys pretty much over almost anybody he fights and that when there's a fist pressed against your stomach it hinders your ability to lean forward....further extending the distance needing to be covered in order to counter.
              good point....it scores him in the judges eyes when he lands it im sure

Comment

good point....it scores him in the judges eyes when he lands it im sure
                What impresses me more about Floyd's body jab than noone being able to counter it is his ability to fake upstairs and sneak it downstairs once the opponent puts on the earmuffs.

Comment

anybody else find it how amazingly floyd lands that jab to the stomach?

its ridiculous that nobody ever counters him back, its like he lands it in a split second and is out of the way right away so the opponent cant even really counter fast enough..he usually uses it to set up his straight right lead upstairs like he did with corrales and hatton several times

its just mind blowing the way he lands it
                  Yes, jabs to the body are an underused tool of fighters, timing is the key. Using your footwork to try an get an opponent squared is one way to land it well. Floyd mixes up his punches and doesnt throw many punches so when he does it, its more of a shock to the opponent. Also fighters like Floyd use their eyes to set up the jab to the body, the trick is to look at your head when you go to the body and look at the body first then go up top.
                  Last edited by Bhopreign; 11-22-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

he can only land that jab to slow opponents!.LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      he can only land that jab to slow opponents!.LMAO
                      Im as big of a pacfan as it gets but thats pretty ignorant to not give the credit where it's due. Floyd was able to land that body jab against Corales who if my memory serves me had just as long a reach as floyd and against Judah who is as fast as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                      X