No announcement yet.

Lets Compare Pacquiao and Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    Dont claim he is the best then, siple as that!!!
    I don't, never have. He is one of the best though.

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
      get real, Hatton, Cotto and DLH all need to come off since they were all damaged goods or over the hill

and JMM needs to come off since manny lost

nothing more than a ******* thread
      Cotto was a prime WW in great shape. hatton was decent win because he only had one loss and he was the lineal champ at 140. DLH was Pacquiaos first fight at 147, and yes Oscar was a corpse!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        I don't, never have. He is one of the best though.
        At ducking people? Yes he is!!!!

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

2 Division lineal champ 135,147
          5 Division belt holder/WorldChampion 130-WBC, 135-WBC, 140-WBC, 147-WBC/IBF, 154 - WBC

Best Wins
          Corrales
          Castillo x 2
          Hatton
          Judah
          DLH at 154
          Hernandez

Only once he moved up in weight to face a champion. at 135 against JLC and was man enough to give the guy a rematch after a close contoversial win.

Then he moved up to 140 and faced Demarcus Corley, the only guy that has seriously hurt Floyd, then instead of going after Hatton or Cotto, he went after Gatti Claming first that gatti was just a paper champ, but he still fought Gatti.

Then He moved to the WW division and faced Mitchell a blown up JWW who was at the end of the road. Then Zab Judah ****ed up against Baldomir, ut Floyd still fought him ducking Antonio Margarito the WBO champ in the procces. Then FLoyd did the right thing fighting Baldomir even though Baldomir is not a great win, because his level of talent, it was the right thing to do because first Baldo earn it and second he was the lineal champ.

Then Floyd ducked Margo again to fight DLH at 154, and that was understandale because the money Oscar was bringing was a lot and a new challenge at 154. then he moved back down and faced a overmatched Ricky Hatton who was a big attaction and undeafeated but not that good in terms of skills.

Then when Cotto beat Mosley Foyd hide in retirement weighting for every top WW to beat on each other so he can come back and fight LWs and unmatched guys., ducking Shane Mosley in the process. Shane also ducked Floyd in the pass!!!!!!

Manny Pacquiao

4 division lineal champion 112,126,130,140
          5 Division belt holder/World Champion 112-WBC, 122-IBF, 130-WBC, 135-WBC, 147-WBO

Best Wins
          Cotto
          Barrera
          JMM 2
          Morales 2
          Hatton
          Ledwaba
          Sasakul
          DLH at 147

Manny Pacquiao started his careet as a 16 year old kid at the JR Flyweight division. He started fast winning fights and then he got too cocky in the ring leading to him getting KOd twice in his first 20+ fights.

Pacquiao won the WBC 112lbs title in thailand against lineal champ Chatchai Sasakul, and then lost it later to Medgoen Singsurat. Then Pacquiao had to move in weight because his body was growing fast, so he moved to the 122 division startted a streak of wins and then in short notice he took on IBF 122 champ Lehlohonolo Ledwaba dismantling him in 6 rounds to the surprise of boxing experts. Then he draw in a unification fight against WBO champ Agapito Sacnchez, in a ugly dirty fight that Pacquiao looked that he wanted to quit from. Then he moved up to FW and destroyed the FW lineal champ Barrera in 11 rounds. Then he started another streak of wins and challenge WBA and IBF champ JMM, ending in a controversial draw because of a mistake of one of the judges, in a fight Pac should had won. Then he step up in weight again, to lose for the last time against in his career. Then he rematched Morales twice Koing both times, he also rematced JMM eating him via SD for the WBC and lineal 130 championship. he also rematched Baerra and UD him in a easy win. And then he started moving up in weight beating WBC 135lbs champo David Diaz, beating Oscar DLH at 147, move down to 140 to just blow away the lineal 140 champ Ricky Hatton and then He again moved up in weight stomped on WBP WW champ Miguel Cotto whom many Consider as the best WW and a fighter Floyd Mayweather didnt wanted to face.
          too many letters for my likings
          the only one that i need to know is pac beating cotto >>>>>>>>>>>> mayweathers entire career

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            Pac's res>Mr boat buyer's. This has been done to death.
            Resume and accomplishments too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
              too many letters for my likings
              the only one that i need to know is pac beating cotto >>>>>>>>>>>> mayweathers entire career
              Totally agree my man ( no **** )

Comment

Legacy and accomlishments wise, tehres not much of a competition inside teh ring I think FLoyd UDs pacquiao

yeah, ut then we will have to add to Pacquiaos resume Nedal Hussein, Lucero, Julio, and lots of tough fighters.
                Jesus Chavez does deserve a mention. Chavez only lost to Carlos Gerena and that was very early in his career. Not to mention, Mayweather stopped Carlos Gerena. Also, Angel Manfredy.
                Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Jesus Chavez does deserve a mention. Chavez only lose to Carlos Gerena and that was very early in his career. Not to mention, Mayweather stopped Carlos Gerena. Also, Angel Manfredy.
                  Like I tell the other poster, I just put the real meaningfull fighters.

if I put those 2 for Floyd has best wins, then I will have to add, Nedal huseein, Lucero, Julio, Velazquez and a couple more on Pacquiaos best wins

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
                    Jesus chavez and carlos hernandez are prime names that getting left out of the equation everytime people talk about Mayweather's resume, Those two were tough and hard fights for anyone at 135 in those days, And i mean in those days because not a lot of people watch boxing at that point. Most only started watching boxing recently 4 to 5 years give or take.
                    It was at 130 not 135 and yes Jesus was tough. But, Carlos eh so-so.

Comment

yeah, ut then we will have to add to Pacquiaos resume Nedal Hussein, Lucero, Julio, and lots of tough fighters.

Of course you can add more to each fighters resume but people tend to leave out those two tough guys for some reason like they dont count.

Comment

Working...
                      X