Who trained Pacquiao before Roach??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polding Herrera, Ben Delgado...

Comment

there was a trainer that stepped aside at around the Ledwaba fight...but he and Roach were both in Pac's corner for that fight, I think.

I'd have to rewatch the fight to get a name of that guy though.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
        Polding Herrera, Ben Delgado...
        Yeah, Delgado rings a bell

Comment

are we even shore he had permanent trainers? (i have no clue my friend )

Comment

Justine Fortune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_K4RRY0tg

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly Pacquiao and Roach met formally at the Tyson/Lewis fight in 2002 after Pac fought Julio. I don't know the name of the Filipino trainer beofe but it was Roach from that time forward.

Comment

manny trained himself,,,yea he's that damn good

Comment

Originally posted by GlovesOfHaste View Post

Justin Fortune is his former strength conditioner, and they met later thru Freddie Roach...

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
                    If my memory serves me correctly Pacquiao and Roach met formally at the Tyson/Lewis fight in 2002 after Pac fought Julio. I don't know the name of the Filipino trainer beofe but it was Roach from that time forward.

Pac and Roach met before Pac fought Ledwaba, and the Filipino trainer in Manny's corner acting as Roach's second was Ben Delgado. Leopoldo "Polding" Herrera was Pac's trainer/mentor/manager/promoter in his younger years, and that was even before he became the Philippine flyweight champion...

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                      Pac and Roach met before Pac fought Ledwaba, and the Filipino trainer in Manny's corner acting as Roach's second was Ben Delgado. Leopoldo "Polding" Herrera was Pac's trainer/mentor/manager/promoter in his younger years, and that was even before he became the Philippine flyweight champion...

Thank you very much, I wanted to learn more about how Roach came to work with Pac, And what sort of training Pac had when he was wit his old trainer because i remember that pac was very one-dimensional in those days, He only use his left hand but Roach has since made his right into a big force since those days.

I was shocked no-one knew the name of his former trainer especially all the people that support or nuthug him on boxingscene, This really shows the people who only started watching him two years ago and those who have been following for years but it sems like you actually know your stuff when it comes to pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X