No announcement yet.

This is just sooo WRONG!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
    I know boxing is a hurt business, and usually business competitions are cutthroat, but why the hell does HBO have to schedule the Pacman vs. Cotto replay at 7 pm Pacific, which is the same time Showtime will air the Ward vs. Kessler fight? It doesn't make sense to me if they're both trying to resuscitate boxing in their own little way. They should compliment each other rather than running the other guy out of business.

Recently, boxing's making a comeback as a mainstream sport as we've seen news, discussions, debates and what have you about the sport and its unique personalities on ESPN's Sportscenter, PTI, Jim Rome, Sports Nation, Around the Horn and such, which is very good. Don't they know that the more fights casual fans will see, the better business for them in the long haul?

I know both of these giant companies wants to monopolize the market by trying to outdo each other, but we all know that if one folds and decide to scrap boxing on their menu, the survivor won't care if they give their subscribers stinkers knowing there's no other choice but them.

All I can say is, thank goodness for DVR...
    maybe that's cuase that's the time the viewing public turns on the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      maybe that's cuase that's the time the viewing public turns on the TV.

8 or 9 pm is still considered primetime...

Comment

Everyone else has pretty much covered it. HBO and Showtime are rivals, and there are people that would much rather watch Pac-Cotto again than see the Super Six, which got off to a very dubious start. That tourney needs Kessler-Ward to deliver and be controversy free or people or will stop caring, me possibly included.

Comment

um. get a DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
            um. get a DVR.

Learn to read a thread in its entirety before commenting...

Comment

I'll be watching Showtime, I saw Pac-Cotto last week.

Comment

Working...
              X