Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Cotto have beaten most welters on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Cotto have beaten most welters on Saturday?

To me I think so, he was in great physical shape and had trained very hard clearly, I think he would have beaten most of the top guys that night even though he may be a bit diminished from his absolute peak a couple of years ago.

agreed............

Comment

I cant think of any I would have favored over him. He looked great and I personally didnt see anything that made me thought he has lost anything.

Comment

Comment

all bull**** aside, Cotto would have whooped on any welterweight on Saturday...he looked in great shape

unfortunately, he ran into an ATG...**** happens

Comment

I think so, he would have beaten Berto, Collazo, and the Clottey fight would probably have been a mirror of their first. However, at this point Mosley knocks him out.

Comment

Probably.

He was in great shape.

Comment

There are guys he would have beaten. He's definitely not the same fighter that fought Tony, but he's close enough to his prime that Pac should get FULL credit.

It's so hard to tell, cause no one at WW throws combinations like Pac does. Pac was literally throwing 8 punch combinations and Cotto just froze up. Mosley doesn't fight like that nor does Berto or Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  I think so, he would have beaten Berto, Collazo, and the Clottey fight would probably have been a mirror of their first. However, at this point Mosley knocks him out.
                  Based on what? I got money saying Mosley looks old in his next fight, people got confused a year ago because Mosleys speed allowed him to beat a limited punching bag. Mosley looks his age against Berto and has a lot tougher fight than people are expecting.

Comment

Cotto must go back to the basics that brought him to the level he is/was. He has totally regressed as a fighter, and I've been following him since day 1 in ESPN against Jason Deucet. Back then he was untouchable, his defense was pretty solid, he'd jab for no reason at all times, he'd crush the body and then go for the dome; he'd move laterally more; he'd bob and weave and slip punches like the best of them; but he has gone from that to a guy who is exhausted by round 6 or 7 when before he used to fight rounds 10-12 like a beast; no bobbing and weaving; just blocking with gloves and face; no slipping punches either; forgets about the jab; forgets about the body attack, I mean instead of improving he is diminishing. Get rid of Santiago and Landman, start from zero with certified professionals; stop being stingy and paid some cash if you want to get back to the top; otherwise PR will be crying pretty soon again and I am Puertorican, but Cotto has been on the slide lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X