Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather has to fight elite welters, but Pac doesn't have to fight elite JWWs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    find me ONE post where people are asking him to clean up the WW division. All I see are boxing fans asking for Floyd to fight a top WW. Has he done that?
    So saying, "Mayweather didn't face Shane, Cotto, Margarito, Paul Williams" isn't asking him to clean up?

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
      peopel just hate floyd because he's cocky..his resume is solid but they give him no credit...and they never will...true pacman beat hatton the linear champ at 140,floyd beat baldo the linear champ at 147..pacman went to ww(but at a catchweight)and beat a top 3 ww in cotto..floyd went to 154(no catchweight) and beat oscar a top 3 at 154..both deserve credit..but floyd fighting pacman SHOULD silence all doubt...but i know it wont
      Floyd beat and ruined Hatton first. The cw obviously drained Cotto, plus Cotto was shot also as evident w/ his fight w/ Clottey.

Manny is all hype and carefully selected and drained opponents.

Floyd will make him look silly.

Comment

Hatton was the best in the division since 2005 until Pacquiao beat him. Irrespective of how people might view Hatton now, before that fight no one disputed he was top dog in that division and had Pacquaio took on anyone else at 140 instead of Hatton, he would have been accused of ducking The Hitman.
        I don't think Pacman's credentials at 140 are in doubt, but yeah, after a Mayweather fight I'd like to see Pacquiao fight who ever is top at 140 whether that be Bradley, Peterson or someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          find me ONE post where people are asking him to clean up the WW division. All I see are boxing fans asking for Floyd to fight a top WW. Has he done that?
          Baldomir and Judah who were top welterweights at the time. Just like Ricky Hatton was a top JWW when Pac faced him. Hindsight in 20/20.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post
            Man havent you heard? Its cause Manny had to struggle and earn everything unlike Mayweather who was born into a boxing family.............err..wait thats not it....

Its because Manny has been the only fighter in the world to weight 116lbs at the age of 16.........errrr damn..thats not it either

someone could make a thread asking who the best eastern based fighter is between Pac and PBF and you would still choose PBF

Comment

peopel just hate floyd because he's cocky..his resume is solid but they give him no credit...and they never will...true pacman beat hatton the linear champ at 140,floyd beat baldo the linear champ at 147..pacman went to ww(but at a catchweight)and beat a top 3 ww in cotto..floyd went to 154(no catchweight) and beat oscar a top 3 at 154..both deserve credit..but floyd fighting pacman SHOULD silence all doubt...but i know it wont
              You have a point larry....but is Oscar really top 3 SWW at that time?? I thought he was around 9.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                I didn't say that Manny didn't beat the top guys. I'm saying that people expect Floyd Mayweather to be cleaning out divisions, but not Manny.

Before Floyd retired he took on De La Hoya and Hatton. This was after the Judah and Baldomir fights (who at the time, were top welterweights).

Now comparing with Pacquiao. He beat David Diaz at 135, then went up for super fights with DLH and Hatton, just like Mayweather. And again, I don't blame Pac for taking those fights. But no one said "Oh Pac has to beat an elite LW, or clean out LW or JWW" did they? No, because people like Manny Pacquiao.
                Wrong...WE expect Floyd to fight the best fighters...who the hell wants Floyd to cleanout a division? NO ONE I KNOW has ever brought that topic up....and I personally would love for Manny to Unify the WW division....put Floyd on the backburner....fight the winner of Mosley/Berto...let Floyd fight for peanuts in the meanwhile...then IF Manny gets past Berto/Mosley...he would be p4p #1 AND Undisputed WW Champ........Floyd was that himself...but beat a Carlos Baldomir who wasn't even the best WW at that time....

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                  Baldomir and Judah who were top welterweights at the time. Just like Ricky Hatton was a top JWW when Pac faced him. Hindsight in 20/20.
                  Dude how long ago was that!!!! That is the same as you guys saying Pac isn't great because he lost by KO early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post
                    And in return, Mayweather will do everyone else's job and beat up Pacquiao for them

a favor for a favor
                    predictable ala mayweather.

w/ manny, it's always 'has done' or did.

w/ floyd, it's always will and woulda shoulda coulda.

Comment

You forgot PBF fighting JMM but he didn't even try to make the catchweight limit of 143.

Yes, it was a catchweight against Pac, but Cotto has made 146 before. Its only 1 pound. And Cotto was probably near 160 during fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X