Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather has to fight elite welters, but Pac doesn't have to fight elite JWWs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
    He jsut jumped 20 pounds in a year and comprehensively beat the best Jr WW and WW this year... what more can he do? Fight both the Klitschkos blindfolded?
    People are not understanding me here. I'm not discrediting Manny or saying he shouldn't have fought the guys he did. I'm simply pointing out that Floyd has a similar resume, but gets no respect.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      Pac's last 4 fights - David Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto
      Mayweather's last 4 fights - Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez

The difference is not that much. And when you consider David Diaz was mediocre at best and De La Hoya was weight drained, it becomes much closer.

Pacquiao is greater right now, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that people shouldn't just swim with the current. A lot of people just say "who has Floyd beat", "what has he really accomplished", without looking at his entire body of work.
      You didnt ask us to look at his full body of work. You said his resume since moving to 147 compared to Pacs since moving to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        You have a hard time dealing with it because you constantly bring it up. It's already established that Pacquiao is the more accomplished out of the 2, No one; including myself is debating that. Mayweather doesn't have to be greater then Pacquiao to be great, understand that. Beating Pacquiao won't even establish him as greater then Pacquiao either.
        Well said. We're not talking about who is more accomplished. Pacquiao has done more, we've agreed on this. All we're saying is to view the fighters equally, without some bias based on personality or whether you like the fighters or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
          You didnt ask us to look at his full body of work. You said his resume since moving to 147 compared to Pacs since moving to 140.
          Right, but that post was off topic anyway. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Who was the best JRWW this year and who was the best WW this year?

Who BEAT the best JRWW this year and who BEAT the best WW this year?

What division is Floyd in? What division was Floyd's last opponent in?
            there's your answer

Comment

I didn't say that Manny didn't beat the top guys. I'm saying that people expect Floyd Mayweather to be cleaning out divisions, but not Manny.

Before Floyd retired he took on De La Hoya and Hatton. This was after the Judah and Baldomir fights (who at the time, were top welterweights).

Now comparing with Pacquiao. He beat David Diaz at 135, then went up for super fights with DLH and Hatton, just like Mayweather. And again, I don't blame Pac for taking those fights. But no one said "Oh Pac has to beat an elite LW, or clean out LW or JWW" did they? No, because people like Manny Pacquiao.
              No because he was coming from 106....and going to WW and taking on one of the best...Floyd is at 147 and fighting LW's for crying out loud, or JWW in Hatton..

Once he beat Baldo and became the WW champion of the world. he had Margo, SHANE AND cOTTO at WW...well he fought DELA who was semi retired, Hatton and now JMM.....

Comment

People are not understanding me here. I'm not discrediting Manny or saying he shouldn't have fought the guys he did. I'm simply pointing out that Floyd has a similar resume, but gets no respect.
                you dont get respect for fighting LW when you cant even make 144....

Comment

Even if Floyd and Manny did fight and Floyd won, Manny will still be regarded higher in the history books.

See what Floyd cannot do, is overcome Manny's aura of being a consistent overachiever. Floyd will always be seen as an underachiever, mainly because he wasted away much of his prime on pure bull****.

If you look at the ATG list, you will see names who took on all comers at all times. For the most part Manny has passed that test, while Floyd has left real doubt.

It would be easy to stand up and say none of it is fair, and much of it isn't fair, but Floyd did this to himself. The only way Floyd wins back respect of everyone is to fight Manny, fight Mosley/Berto or Cotto. Clean out the welters that matter. Floyd has to make up for lost time and opportunities. He does not even have to win all three fights, but just get in there and fight them. Then he gets his respect back

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    Who was the best JRWW this year and who was the best WW this year?

Who BEAT the best JRWW this year and who BEAT the best WW this year?

What division is Floyd in? What division was Floyd's last opponent in?
                    Thread should had ended right here!!!

Comment

Seems like a double standard.

Boxing fans cry that Floyd doesn't clean out the welterweight division and he needs to fight elite welters instead of just taking money fights. But I don't hear anyone calling for Manny to do that.

Why doesn't anyone cry for Manny to fight the Tim Bradleys of the world?Simple. Because Floyd is held to a higher standard.
                      Floyd should be held to a higher standard.

Comment

Working...
                      X