Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was that other WBC belt that Pacquiao had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was that other WBC belt that Pacquiao had?

In the ring I saw the WBO 147 belt, WBC diamond belt, and another WBC belt (not sure if he brought out the IBO and Ring 140 belts). What was it? It can't the 135 title, since Valero has that.

I think he's an "Emeritus Champion".

He had another WBO too.

He didn't bring in his Ring and IBO belt during his walk, as people were holding them in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      I think he's an "Emeritus Champion".
      Of what division? He outright dropped the 135 belt...

Comment

It's the WBC lightweight belt he won from Diaz. Fighters don't pass on the same belt over and over. They get to keep a copy of the one they win.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          Of what division? He outright dropped the 135 belt...
          I'm pretty sure an Emeritus Champion is just a fancy belt the WBC gives a fighter.

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
          It's the WBC lightweight belt he won from Diaz. Fighters don't pass on the same belt over and over. They get to keep a copy of the one they win.
          That could also be the case.

After they win a title fight as a challenger, they give the belt back once they get back to the dressing rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
            Damn, that's kinda stupid. So basically it's like a trophy.

I always thought the same belt gets passed over to the new champion once the previous one vacates. In the case of Valero, I thought he alone held the WBC 135 belt - Pacquiao gave it up and never defended it, so IMO it looks a bit silly with him still having it held up in the ring. Since they're doing that, they might as well bring back copies of all his previous belts and held them aloft in the ring. :laff2:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Damn, that's kinda stupid. So basically it's like a trophy.

I always thought the same belt gets passed over to the new champion once the previous one vacates. In the case of Valero, I thought he alone held the WBC 135 belt - Pacquiao gave it up and never defended it, so IMO it looks a bit silly with him still having it held up in the ring. Since they're doing that, they might as well bring back copies of all his previous belts and held them aloft in the ring. :laff2:
              I saw of pic of Mayweather having all his WBC belts in the ring.

It basically is a sort of trophy. But it's a trophy that gives you a status. I guess it's all part of paying the sanctioning fee.

Comment

He still has the WBC: interim title he won from Morales.

Comment

This thing.

Comment

In Pac's next fight, maybe he can do his ringwalk pushing a shopping trolley with all his belts in it!

Comment

Working...
                    X