Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROACH: Mayweather won't last as long as Cotto! (ESPN's Dan Rafael Interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
    The fact that DLH who is much slower was able to tag Gayweather and got a split decision and even Hatton tag him a couple of times who is also much slower(although not effective), Manny who is faster, quicker, and stronger would do much better.
    lol.. its pretty hard not to get tagged at all over 12 and in the hatton fight 10 rounds of action. show me footage of ali, pep, whiatekr or someone else going 12 rounds without getting tagged at all..

floyd can take a couple of pacs shots, one thing thats very underestimated in him is his chin. he has one of the best in the buisness. took DLHs left hook, took a couple of shots from corrales too.

pac would obviously get to floyd a little, but floyd would make him pay severely for it and break him down.. just like he did hatton, dlh and everyone else hes fought.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
      ok..he countered the jab...but when Cotto threw the jab he was snapping Pacs head back. He should have boxed more as I said and imposed his size on Manny. If Cotto could have kept Manny's back to the ropes, I believe he could have done more damage. but the moment he stopped his moment, he played right in Manny's hands and we know the outcome.
      And that came in round what exactly? According to most observers of the fight...."that moment" came in round 3.....so Cotto stopped "boxing" and "imposing" his will after getting KD?
      GTFOH.....Manny was LETTING Cotto hit him to the body AND letting Cotto's jab thru....as Emmanuel Steward said..."Pacquiao was walking thru Cotto's best shots".....

You saying Cotto should've boxed more....ok....him boxing meaning...jab and what? Pac's shots were just coming from odd angles and to fast.....nothing Cotto could've done...too fast...too strong...too good of a chin...and all you can argue for Cotto is "IF"....

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
        dumbass *****s. You gotta explain everything to them. Mayweather would get smoked # for # against Marquez. The fact that floyd fought a bloated lightweight don't mean **** and the world knows it.
        Bloated?

Bloated is better than dehydrated/dead any day. You have the option to come in at your desired weight compared to having to take a knife and cut your stomach in half.

Either way...JMM is not Pac...different fighters.

Pac is a much tougher fight for Floyd because of Pac's speed, power, aggression, and stamina...plus the Roach factor.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
          And that came in round what exactly? According to most observers of the fight...."that moment" came in round 3.....so Cotto stopped "boxing" and "imposing" his will after getting KD?
          GTFOH.....Manny was LETTING Cotto hit him to the body AND letting Cotto's jab thru....as Emmanuel Steward said..."Pacquiao was walking thru Cotto's best shots".....

You saying Cotto should've boxed more....ok....him boxing meaning...jab and what? Pac's shots were just coming from odd angles and to fast.....nothing Cotto could've done...too fast...too strong...too good of a chin...and all you can argue for Cotto is "IF"....
          Mayweather pucnhes are a whole diffrent animal big brah..Check out JMM hurt Pac more than Cotto. Why? Clean accurate counter punches.

You need a reality check if you think Mayweather can't hurt Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
            Mayweather pucnhes are a whole diffrent animal big brah..Check out JMM hurt Pac more than Cotto. Why? Clean accurate counter punches.

You need a reality check if you think Mayweather can't hurt Pacman.
            mayweather punch is really on a different planet.. he cant even KO marquez at 147......

Comment

true that buddy Manny fought a hurt fighter in cotto, Margarito handled that loaded gloves or not. Manny beat a drained washed up delahoya, and a washed up hatton.
              Money may will tear it up. Floyd will keep manny at bay with his jab. That aggresion that manny displays won't work against a superior tachticall fighter like Money. Didn't you guys see how money made Marquez look like a boy. And I'm a Marquez fan, but I admit Maywether is the Best.

Comment

Yeah, Mayweather is pillow fisted and can't hurt a fly,....hmmm...is that why he is undefeated?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  lol.. its pretty hard not to get tagged at all over 12 and in the hatton fight 10 rounds of action. show me footage of ali, pep, whiatekr or someone else going 12 rounds without getting tagged at all..

floyd can take a couple of pacs shots, one thing thats very underestimated in him is his chin. he has one of the best in the buisness. took DLHs left hook, took a couple of shots from corrales too.

pac would obviously get to floyd a little, but floyd would make him pay severely for it and break him down.. just like he did hatton, dlh and everyone else hes fought.
                  Pac doesn't wrestle like Hatton...he punches.

Pac doesn't wear down like Oscar...he stays strong.

It's not just about taking one shot but the amount of shots in constant succession that can bother you...especially punches you don't see coming and connect on the right spot....Corley vs. Mayweather Jr.

Does Floyd have the same stamina he used to have/Can he fight at a high pace anymore?
                  Not sure.

I used to love his movement down in the lower weight-classes...like in his fight with Diego...but can he still do that and will he need that?
                  Not sure.

Will Floyd have to punch more or can he still get away with pot-shots and the occasional combo (compared to his lower weight days when he was forced to fight more)?
                  not sure.

At least Floyd brought back his Jab...that was great to see...something that can be used against Pac. He would have had an easier time with Hatton and Oscar if he used it (I feel).

Wonder what Floyd sees that he can do.
                  Obviously he is looking at something big he can expose.

I don't think he can make it a close fight though...to risky with the score-cards.

Comment

i tend to believe roach. he almost beat floyd with oscar, i have no doubt he can do it with pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                      dumbass *****s. You gotta explain everything to them. Mayweather would get smoked # for # against Marquez. The fact that floyd fought a bloated lightweight don't mean **** and the world knows it.
                      That is bull****. It might have been worse p4p because at 130 mayweather would have let his hands go and likely would have stopped him. P4P were talking a faster mayweather with more power. I see NOTHING that suggest that Marquez, who has always had holes in his defense would do anything but either lose another wide UD or be stopped.

Id love to see youre argument as to why Marquez would have a shot against 130lb version of mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X