No announcement yet.

Mayweather Ready To Fight "One-Dimensional" Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I got out of this interview:

1. I was surprized Floyd is speaking out wihen it comes to the whole Pacquiao subject. I thought he was going to hold off until someone made him an offer.

2. He says that when Pac was asked if he want to Floyd next, Pac's response was wanting to take a vacation. I think there's more to that. Maybe Arum talked to Pac and advised him not to sound like he's persuing Mayweather. Let Mayweather pursue him for negotiating leverage.

3. He rambles on about never being beat and never taking punishment. Well Floyd, I have to agree with you. Prior to the Pac destuction of my boy Cotto, I always said regardless who won the Pac-Cotto fight, the winner would have trouble with Mayweather. Mayweather forces you to fight his fight. If you don't, then the fight will be a long boring fight with Floyd connecting at will.

4. Finally, if there's one person that can pull it off, it's Pac. He has proved me wrong to many times. He has the speed and the power to make it a great fight. Floyd has the incredible defense and speedy counter punches to frustrate Pac. For this fight I won't talk any **** on how either fighter is going to punish the other. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.

Comment

How old are a lot of you guys on here? Because I just don't understand
      or get the type of crap I be reading and all the Bias BS and contradicting.
      What Mayweather just said in this interview is exactly what many of you
      are doing. I think over all the reason why everyone comes down on Floyd
      for not fighting this guy and that guy because he hasn't lost yet and his
      arrogance and big mouth is irritating to many. Fact of the matter is that
      Floyd talked and talks a lot of smack but backs it up. And I'm tired of
      hearing about Pac destroyed Hatton and De La Hoya worst than Floyd
      because fact of the matter is Floyd fought them first 1) one was Oscar
      at his best weight for his title WITH the great hall of fame coach who
      trains Pacquiao in his corner 2) Hatton who mentally has never been the
      same since his loss to Floyd

Now, I take nothing away from Pacquiao and many on here know me
      and my post and I give all Boxers and fighters the benefit of the doubt
      and try not to be bias towards any fighter but just call it how I
      see it EXAMPLE I bet on Miguel Cotto a fighter who I never was
      impressed with and even defended him against guys that cursed me
      out for critiquing and telling it like it is and guess what? Everything
      I have always said about Cotto came to pass but I still gave him a shot.
      Alot of you on here can't even do that because all I read is hate upon
      hate on fighters and no solid facts or evidence to back up your claims
      and or opinions only Bull****. Not saying I'm a saint but what I read
      sometimes urks me. Floyd fought two better versions of the same
      fihters Pac fought physically and mentally and to deny that is BS,
      but instead of acknowledge that, many hate on it and says Oscar was
      past his prime when Floyd fought him? Then what was Oscar when
      he fought Manny a year later? Hatton I hear "Oh but Hatton was at 147
      not his natural weight" BUT Hatton was UNDEFEATED and confident,
      with a better training camp than the one Hatton had for Pacquiao, FACTS.
      Now I take nothing away from Pac because he is a beast in the ring but
      lets talk Boxing and call it like it is and stop with the HATE and keep it 100.

GRUST
      Last edited by GRUSTLER; 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I don't think Floyd really wants to fight Pac after he saw how Pac easily destroyed Oscar, Hatton and Cotto. Its just all talk for his groupies/stans who's having a low morale now as their hero still has zero win against real welterweight. He said he wants to fight Pac but I'm sure he will price himself out on this fight. Roach has been telling us that Mayweather is the easiest fight between Shane and Mosley. Floyd knows it and now I know why. Pac showed us on Cotto fight of how good his chin and body by absorbing Cotto's best punches like nothing. And no way Floyd punches harder than Cotto especially wearing 10oz gloves. Pac will just walk on Mayweather best punches and will land his 3-5 combos when he against the ropes vs his 1 pot shot. Pac will decision Floyd if not koing him in the later rounds. If Mayweather still thinking that the Pac who fought JMM twice long ago is the same Pac will appear when they fight. He will be in for a big surprise.
        Last edited by whirlwind; 11-16-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

well said floyd. totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Floyd, no one will take anything from you if you beat Pacquiao.

No versatility? What has he been smoking?! WATCH THE COTTO FIGHT!? He's freakin' superb everywhere in the ring at any phase at any round.

On the other hand I do think Floyds style will be a hard matchup for Pacquiao, but if Mayweather goes to the robes, he'll be punished for the first time.
            This will be the first time he is in the ring with someone who has better or same reflexes as him.
            Speed will be in favour of Pacquiao because he throws combinations.

Floyd, this fight can be the hardest fight of your carreer and there's a fair chance that you will lose.
            Very well said my Friend........may also I add that, Pacquiao will also be facing the hardest fight of his career and, a fair chance that he can loose.

Comment

Truer words were never spoken. Floyd is held to different standards than the rest of the boxing world, as has been proven for years now. When he beats Manny, he still wont get any credit.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
                u guys all start getting upset when floyd talks alittle smack that we all kno aint true ...

maybe pre-cotto the win for pbf woulda been down played ... now the way i look at this fight theres no one else in the world that could beat pac except for pbf and vise versa ... this would be a huge win for either fighter and woudl prove who is the best p4p fighter in the world.
                As a PBF Fan I agree 100000% lets just see the fight.

Comment

Now Floyd is talking...can anybody remind us of his reply after the JMM fight when Sugar Shane Mosley called him out? Hey man, quit the posturing and accept the challenge Team Pacquiao had been hurling at you since the post-Hatton fight.

The problem with PBF is he talks a lot instead of facing the REAL CHALLENGES inside the ring. Pacquiao demolished the two guys you fought when you couldn't even dominate them. Now you're looking for new scapegoats to evade the true P4P king. Why don't you let your people sit down with Bob Arum so we can finally settle the issue on who is better between the two of you...enough of this BS coz the fans are sick and tired of all these nonsense Money Mayweather had been saying. Bring on the fight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JudeTheObscure View Post
                    Truer words were never spoken. Floyd is held to different standards than the rest of the boxing world, as has been proven for years now. When he beats Manny, he still wont get any credit.
                    could not of said it better myself

Comment

• Floyd will get credit for beating pacquaio since pacquaio is clearly the biggest threat to floyd right now. And also for the people saying pacquaio will get knocked out against floyd. The only way floyd will knock pacquaio out is if he let his hands go, which mean he would have to brawl with Pacquaio for that to happen. Floyd is going to pot shot pacquaio all fight which mean no knock out especially when Pacquaio took Cotto's best shots with ease.

Comment

Working...
                      X