Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial return for "Firepower" PPV buys -- 1.3 to 1.4 Million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
    The Oscar-Pac fight was in the same situation as the Floyd-JMM fight, were every knowledgeable boxing fans, writers and bystanders are ****ting on it, calling the "Dream Fight" all sort of names while the sagging economy was at it's lowest and they still did 1.3 million buys.

Like I said earlier, they could do 40-40, or 45-45, with the winner of the fight getting the rest of loot. That's the best option if they want the fight to get made...
    That's Oscar De La Hoya though, come on. But I agree witht he last bit, fair split down the middle, I am just saying if Pacquiao vs Cotto does betetr numbers doesn't mean that he is the bigger draw cause its against a different opponent.

You can't just compare numbers to different names, when they have fought the same name Floyd has done better numbers. You can't compare the numbers of Pacquiao fighting DLH (who is the biggest PPV seller) to Floyd fighting JMM, that is just unfair.

That said, who cares... just make the fucking fight happen. I am just saying it was common sense that it was gonna do better numbers than Floyd, and I am happy these big numbers are coming up... it shows that both Floyd and Pacquiao are helping equally to raise the popularity of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapatio View Post
      Against common opponents,

Pac has looked better.
      These are the reasons why a fair 50/50 split should happen, or 60 to the winner and 40 to the loser, the fight is huge and in such public demand because of both fighters, not just one. 50/50 is fair, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
        "Early projections for the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, which ended with a 12th-round technical knockout, suggest pay-per-view buys in the range of 1.3 million to 1.4 million."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/sp...xing.html?_r=1

Jim Lampley also mentioned in the later rounds that "Firepower" already surpassed the PPV buys of "Number One/Numero Uno", and the info came from an HBO top honcho...
        1.3 to 1.4 million buys? Wow. Just......wow. Fan****ingtastic. I bought it myself (hadn't planned on it, but figured since I didn't put money on it, I needed to blow some change somewhere), but honestly didn't believe it would do quite a million, give or take a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
          These are the reasons why a fair 50/50 split should happen, or 60 to the winner and 40 to the loser, the fight is huge and in such public demand because of both fighters, not just one. 50/50 is fair, end of story.

Pac does better in the ring where it matters most.

You know, the entire reason for the sport in the first place.

Floyd just tries to coast as much as he can while doing as little as he can.

Pac is the star, Floyd is just a spec of dust in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            You won an easy 1Mill
            55k for me if it's 900k

May VS Marquez did slightly less than a mil right? that's from my memeory but it was close and was rounded up to 1 mil.

24/7 wasn't that great and no other fighter out of the Heavyweight divison other than Floyd and Oscar got above 1 mil.

He had a good base to think that it wouldn't reach 1mil but I guess boxing is still living pretty well. Well atleast when these 2 are around.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
              That's Oscar De La Hoya though, come on. But I agree witht he last bit, fair split down the middle, I am just saying if Pacquiao vs Cotto does betetr numbers doesn't mean that he is the bigger draw cause its against a different opponent.

You can't just compare numbers to different names, when they have fought the same name Floyd has done better numbers. You can't compare the numbers of Pacquiao fighting DLH (who is the biggest PPV seller) to Floyd fighting JMM, that is just unfair.

That said, who cares... just make the fucking fight happen. I am just saying it was common sense that it was gonna do better numbers than Floyd, and I am happy these big numbers are coming up... it shows that both Floyd and Pacquiao are helping equally to raise the popularity of the sport.
              I know people on boxing forums didn't order Pac VS Oscar because they all felt that Oscar was being a bully to a lil man.#

It seems that now people believe Pac can win these big fights and know he is exciting.

Comment

Do you guys heard that some area are having problems ordering the fightsbecause of excessive calls from comcast? The computer jams when people are ordering thru the television menu and some of the orders have to be done manually. I wouldnt not be surprise if it goes over a mil buy.

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
                  the most PPV buys marquez ever had was with pac andthey only did 400k.
                  You have a great way of over-simplifying things.

Pacquiao-Marquez II was the biggest selling fight in boxing history below Welterweight. 400,000 was a record.

For non-Americans, that's pretty damn good.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    You have a great way of over-simplifying things.

Pacquiao-Marquez II was the biggest selling fight in boxing history below Welterweight. 400,000 was a record.

For non-Americans, that's pretty damn good.

and that fight did not have the privilege of having their own 24/7, it just sold by itself...

Comment

i am not commenting until the actual figures are released.....

if Pac-Cotto gets at least 1.2 Million, forget about the Pac-PBF fight as both would not agree to a 50-50 split....

Comment

Working...
                      X