Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial return for "Firepower" PPV buys -- 1.3 to 1.4 Million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this fight will do a lot more than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
      Marquez has Mexico behind him and the Pinoys ordered that fight as well. Pinoy's only gather mostly for Manny fights but I know every Pinoy with a t.v. ordered Marquez /may because of Marquez. Marquez was the draw in that fight.
      the most PPV buys marquez ever had was with pac andthey only did 400k.

get with it man. JMM isnt a draw. that was floyd.

Cotto and Pac both generated the numbers. it wasnt one sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
        LOL @ these people thinking this was gonna do worse than Floyd vs JMM

I think Horus and Al Haymon said it wouldn't do more than 800k

That there shows you how blinded people are to Pacquiao's popularity in not only Boxing, but sports in general.

Floyd's bargaining chips are starting to even up with Pacquiaos. All Floyd is talking about is his undefeated record. But I think I speak for everyone when I say Pac's last 2-3 yrs in the sport trump what Floyd's done in the ring in the last 6-7.

Call it a 50/50 fight or 52/48 with winner taking 52 and that won't include PPV buys either. Both these guys stand to make a phuckin killing!
        Trust me, lets not get out of hand. Arum said that Pacquiao vs. Hatton did around 2Mill+ and it ended up doing 825K. Numero Uno was said to have done 1.6Mill and it did 1.1Mill. Lets wait untill the real numbers come out because in the end, we could end up feeling stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
          "Early projections for the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, which ended with a 12th-round technical knockout, suggest pay-per-view buys in the range of 1.3 million to 1.4 million."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/sp...xing.html?_r=1

Jim Lampley also mentioned in the later rounds that "Firepower" already surpassed the PPV buys of "Number One/Numero Uno", and the info came from an HBO top honcho...
          I thought it would anyway, Floyd vs JMM was supposed to be a mismatch that loads of people were ****ting on and quite a lot boycotted and it still got 1 million. Pacquiao vs Cotto was meant to be a legit fight where Cotto has a good chance of winning, of course it would sell more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            I understand that but this is Mayweather's best challenge since JLC, I don't see Mayweather getting this kind of challenge against Shane or Cotto. Pacquiao has the best chance of taking away his 0, I'd want nothing more but for Mayweather to earn the respect he rightfully deserves and facing Pacquiao will do that. Sometimes you gotta swallow you're pride; 50/50 is good. Everyone is saying that this could surpass Mayweather/ DLH's numbers, too big any event to pass up. This is what Boxing needs.
            Pathetic, just pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              Pathetic, just pathetic.
              Never viewed Cotto or Shane as 2 that could trouble Floyd. Especially Shane who doesn't have the legs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                Trust me, lets not get out of hand. Arum said that Pacquiao vs. Hatton did around 2Mill+ and it ended up doing 825K. Numero Uno was said to have done 1.6Mill and it did 1.1Mill. Lets wait untill the real numbers come out because in the end, we could end up feeling stupid.
                From the 1st report I read when the numbers came out I didn't see no 2 Mill at all for Pac vs Hatton. I saw "Close" to a 1 mill PPV buy rate for that fight which was reported in the NY Times. Floyd vs JMM also came out to 1.1 Mill from the 1st report I read..

Time Warner in NYC were reporting a mass amount of PPV buys days before Pac vs Cotto even happened. If HBO and Time Warner, and I believe Comcast from my FL people down there are already reporting big numbers on their end, this news shouldn't be a difference of the fight making 1.4 Mill to 800-900k. The fight did over a Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
                  sorry but this wasnt Pac's drawing power. it was Pacs and Cottos. they both have a big fan base.

fact still remains. on a tune up Floyd does 1 mil. and when fighting the same guy. floyd outsold Pac.

FLoyd is the Bigger draw
                  see? like Horus and Haymon, you're living in the past and think PAC's drawing power now was the same during the JMM2 fight LOL.

and though cotto did play a good part in the draw, you cant be that stupid to think that a regular boxing fan would buy the ppv not because of pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                    I thought it would anyway, Floyd vs JMM was supposed to be a mismatch that loads of people were ****ting on and quite a lot boycotted and it still got 1 million. Pacquiao vs Cotto was meant to be a legit fight where Cotto has a good chance of winning, of course it would sell more.

The Oscar-Pac fight was in the same situation as the Floyd-JMM fight, were every knowledgeable boxing fans, writers and bystanders are ****ting on it, calling the "Dream Fight" all sort of names while the sagging economy was at it's lowest and they still did 1.3 million buys.

Like I said earlier, they could do 40-40, or 45-45, with the winner of the fight getting the rest of loot. That's the best option if they want the fight to get made...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                      Against common opponents Floyd has done more buys.
                      Against common opponents,

Pac has looked better.

Comment

Working...
                      X