Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think had the greater handspeed you have ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think had the greater handspeed you have ever seen?

This is not about power, weight classes, championships, or anything else. Which boxer impressed you the most in the handspeed department?

To me, it's Hector Camacho Sr. In his prime, his speed and accurate combinations were unreal. Even Sugar Ray Leonard admitted that Camacho was superior to him in that department. His speed is one of the reasons why he is one of my favorite pure boxers ever. So, who's your pick?

Please, keep it objective although I know many are still in awe of Pacquiao and will say it's him. Try to remember boxers from all eras before choosing.

O think Camacho Sr. and Leonard. Pernell wasn't slow either.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      This is not about power, weight classes, championships, or anything else. Which boxer impressed you the most in the handspeed department?

To me, it's Hector Camacho Sr. In his prime, his speed and accurate combinations were unreal. Even Sugar Ray Leonard admitted that Camacho was superior to him in that department. His speed is one of the reasons why he is one of my favorite pure boxers ever. So, who's your pick?

Please, keep it objective although I know many are still in awe of Pacquiao and will say it's him. Try to remember boxers from all eras before choosing.
      The thing with Pacquiao is that he sees boxing as a martial art. He doesn't keep to using the moves they learn in the gym but he punches from weird angles and uses movement leverage allot. That adds to his power allot.

Comment

Meldrick Taylor has lighting fast hands.

And Leonard was dumbass old tho when he fought Camacho. In his Prime i think Leonard matched his speed and had better power.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
          Meldrick Taylor has lighting fast hands.

And Leonard was dumbass old tho when he fought Camacho. In his Prime i think Leonard matched his speed and had better power.
          Leonard did not admit that in 1997, he did in the 80's. You can hear it if you watch Camacho vs. Ramirez, a fight in which Leonard was a commentator.

Comment

Leonard did not admit that in 1997, he did in the 80's. You can hear it if you watch Camacho vs. Ramirez, a fight in which Leonard was a commentator.
            o damn, i take that back then.

Comment

Mike Tyson..

Comment

It's really difficult to judge who is faster. But PAC definitely belongs in the category of RJJ Jr., Camacho Sr etc. In terms of handspeed

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                  o damn, i take that back then.
                  It's cool. There are a couple of clips on Youtube if you want to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
                    It's really difficult to judge who is faster. But PAC definitely belongs in the category of RJJ Jr., Camacho Sr etc. In terms of handspeed
                    I think he does also but I give the award to Camacho Sr. Imagine how greater he could have been with the discipline of a guy like Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X