No announcement yet.

How Can Cotto Avoid Getting Turned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    He had a hard time doing that against Morales.
    Morales 1? The Mexican fella switched stance midway into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
      IMO, this is more of a problem for pac. If he ever forget this, he would move to his right and would play on the stronger side of Cotto (cotto's left). In the DLH, he was so much faster than dlh ... that when pac moved to his right, he was already out of reach by dlh's left. Dlh was then forced to use his right which is almost useless for him. Cotto is deceptively slow because of his measured approach but in reality when he strikes ... he is quite fast.
      there are training clips floating around somewhere where pac uses a right-left-right combination that ends in a blow to the kidney. i didn't see it previously being used by pac against his other opponents.

Comment

pivot fellas ...thats what cotto has to do

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          Key to Victory for Cotto is body shots and he throws them well. Pacman doesn't have the best defense but he can move his head and react quickly. In order for Pac to win he will have to be busy and not be able to become a still target. Combination punching sneaking a hard left at times will be the key for him
          I think Cotto needs to somehow corner Pacquiao, this would be a good opportunity for him to land some real crisp hard punches. I dont think Pacquiao is going to take Cotto's shots to well if he does get hit to often.

Comment

Originally posted by RRICAN View Post
            pivot fellas ...thats what cotto has to do
            i haven't watched a lot of cotto fights. how good is your guy at pivoting left/right?

i would assume he is good at it, but can he keep up all night long?

Comment

What no...

...Cotto's too big that midget will get KTFO! war cotto puneta posts?

a lot of sensible posts sofar. for me it would be Cotto's jab that would make or break the fight for him. thrown properly, it can disrupt Pac's rythm, without having to match his output. As for how to avoid being turned, naturally Cotto would have to circle left too.

What I'm actually worried about is if Cotto catches Pac with a good hook when Manny tries to duck under a punch like he did with Hatton.

With Manny's speed, movement and pop, and Cotto, even though he's less agile than Pac, his guile and size will give a good us fight fans a great fight while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                i haven't watched a lot of cotto fights. how good is your guy at pivoting left/right?

i would assume he is good at it, but can he keep up all night long?
                why would you make a statement if you haven't watched a lot of cotto's fight. Quintana is a southpaw and he was moving to cotto's left. Cotto will cut the ring and throw the left hook. If pacquiao move to cotto's right then cotto will throw the straight right. Pa

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                  why would you make a statement if you haven't watched a lot of cotto's fight. Quintana is a southpaw and he was moving to cotto's left. Cotto will cut the ring and throw the left hook. If pacquiao move to cotto's right then cotto will throw the straight right. Pa
                  i am making a statement based on two cotto fights i watched. the clottey and the margarito fights. I know cotto can deal with speed demons but not on the level of pac. it's not as simple as throwing rights and lefts. if it were so, boxing would have been a simple science.

i'm talking here about effective foot movements, where punches are based on. again, i am not disrespecting your man. i just think that he'll be turned time and time and again by pac whether moving to the left or to the right.

you should watch pac's training video on how he plans to counter cotto's left hook with a blow that land on the latter's gut.
                  Last edited by Killa_Kali; 11-14-2009, 09:25 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    I see Pac's lateral movements frustrating Cotto, who will get turned time and time and again by the Filipino's footwork. Counterclockwise movements will negate Cotto's left hook.

Punch-wise, Pac's gonna land his fists first before Cotto does. Straight and looping lefts will find their mark. Uppercuts, ditto.

That'll be the main plot right there.

I think Brits will understand if I compare Pac to a football striker turning a defender through superior footwork and feints.
                    If cotto wants to prevent the right-hook-roll-under move he's got 2 open up with "the 45" instead of his traditional left hook

Comment

first of all cotto will no bull rush in. he will wait for manny to come in and then get in position. Manny will have no choice but to go toe to toe with cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X