Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao to Cotto: Watch out for my body punches!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao to Cotto: Watch out for my body punches!

Pacquiao to Cotto: Watch out for my body punches

MANILA -- Manny Pacquiao is confident he still has the hand speed and ring savvy to counter the raw power of Miguel Cotto despite the added weight.

"I feel stronger at this weight than I ever have," Pacquiao said. "My punches are harder, my speed is intact. I keep getting warned about Cotto's body attack. Cotto should be worried about my body attack."

Pacquiao and Cotto met face to face at the Hollywood Theatre in MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas for the final press conference leading to the “Fire Power” match up.

The Filipino dynamo is seeking to win his 7th title in 7 different weight classes when he steps on the ring Saturday (Sunday in Manila) to face Cotto, the reigning World Boxing Organization welterweight champion.

Oscar de la Hoya stands as the only fighter to have won major championships in 6 different weight classes.

Pacquiao has managed to achieve what many other boxers failed--maintain his speed and power as he moves up to challenge heavier opponents.

Entire article:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/11...body-punches-0
    Last edited by D-Omonist; 11-12-2009, 09:39 AM.

We shall see Pac...we shall see!!!

Comment

so out of nowhere pacquiao became a body puncher.

Comment

Good job on giving him a heads up on what a part of your gameplan is.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          so out of nowhere pacquiao became a body puncher.
          No he isnt saying that, hes just saying hes that good he could do damage with his own body shots

Comment

I thought the talking was in the ring with their fists.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
              ^^^LOL. So much for the "With their fists" thing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                CORRECTIOn: Pacquiao said HE would do all the talking with his fists...looks like his fists are located on his mouth.

Comment

pacquiao been a body puncher ever since his 2nd fight with morales u **** nuts

Comment

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
                    pacquiao been a body puncher ever since his 2nd fight with morales u **** nuts
                    while he may have gone to the body a few times... that does not make him a "bodypuncher"

all this tlk is null at this point, FELLAS I KNOW ITS HARD TO RESIST, THE FIGHT IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

Comment

Working...
                    X