No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach, "Miguel Cotto is no longer the same fighter, he's finished!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach, "Miguel Cotto is no longer the same fighter, he's finished!"

Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach said at Wednesday's news conference that he has watched enough film of Cotto in the past few months to see that he isn't the same fighter he was before getting beat by Margarito.

"I can go by my own experience," said Roach, who fought as a lightweight in the 1980s. "I won 27 fights before I got knocked out and it changed my life.

"I was never quite as confident and I wasn't invincible anymore. At one time nobody could hurt me.

"If you go from being a world champion and having that ego and being undefeated when you lose for the first time it definitely affects you and the punishment he (Cotto) took in that fight was severe and sometimes you never come back from a beating like that.

"He is on the road to a comeback but he is still not the same."

PUT YOUR MONEY ON PACQUIAO BY KO!

That little fuker Roach said the same thing about Oscar being finished after Forbes busted him up, and he said that Hatton was finished after getting ktfo by Mayweather. I remember Roach saying Hatton was on shaky legs against Lazcano and his career was over after the Mayweather fight.

Once again, PUT YOUR MONEY ON PACQUIAO BY KO!

Roach is going to go 3 out of 3 with Pacquiao facing leftovers. His timing when to choose these big names is simply IMPECCABLE.

Sorry Cotto fans. We all laughed when Roach said Pacquiao would KO Oscar. Little did we know Valero was beating the **** out of Oscar in sparring, proof that Oscar was completely finished and didn't belong in the ring anymore. Then we get Hatton... Floyd Sr said he was getting his $ss whooped by 3 round semi-professional fighters in sparring. You can't get blood out of a stone. It's HIGHLY suspicious why Cotto fired his sparring partner. It's happening again folks!

Pac by KO round 6

Physically he´s the same.

Mentally, he´s still stubborn, for good or bad.

Comment

I've been saying the same thing. I'm surprised everyone blamed his performance against Clottey on the cut, it was more then just the cut.

Comment

Ive been saying this from the get go. Although I think Cotto might have a chance. It doesnt look like Manny is 100% focused for this fight.

Comment

May the best man win. The Roach comment should give Cotto some extra motivation to perform his best to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
            May the best man win. The Roach comment should give Cotto some extra motivation to perform his best to win the fight.
            That doesn't make sense if Cotto is not the same fighter...

Comment

I guess we'll find out Saturday!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shaky Roach is simply playing a mental game, he's trying to get to cotto's head. If he's not being successful in his psyway with team cotto, he's definitely being successful with some of you here.

Comment

of course you were affected freddie, you got ****ing parkison for christs sake!

Comment

holy ****, you're totally right. firing his sparring partner is highly suspect. roach knows what he's talking about, and sadly, he's probably right about Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X