Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaefer: "Haye vs Wlad/Vitali could make $120 million...if he fights in America"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaefer: "Haye vs Wlad/Vitali could make $120 million...if he fights in America"

David Haye stands to make a small fortune in a unification fight with one of the Klitschko brothers next year.

Haye picked up the WBA heavyweight title on Saturday, defeating champion Nikolai Valuev with a majority points decision, and has already set his sights on WBC champ Vitali Klitschko and brother Wladimir the IBF and WBO title holder.

The Briton was due to fight the latter earlier this year but had to withdraw with a back injury, while contract negotiations with Vitali collapsed.

However, it is unlikely they will be able to turn down another chance to fight Haye, with a fight between he and one of the brothers expected to gross $120m.

Richard Schaefer, who works with Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, who have a slice of Haye, said a fight in the United States would be huge.

"He could be massive," said Schaefer. "If he comes and fights in the United States against one of the Klitschkos, I have no doubt that the total global receipts could be close to £120million dollars for one fight.

"We will see how far his talent, willpower and charisma will carry him but I have a feeling, given the current landscape of the heavyweight division, that he will clean it up and become the undisputed heavyweight champion."

Blockbuster

Meanwhile, Wembley Stadium have already spoken to Haye's trainer and manager Adam Booth regarding a potential blockbuster next summer, which could net the fighter an estimated $20m.

Haye first has to defend his title against mandatory challenger John Ruiz, who was paid to step aside and allow Haye his shot at Valuev.

The 29-year-old from Bermondsey has already mapped out his schedule for 2010, which he hopes will see him take a step towards unifying the division.

"March, April sort of time would be ideal to get it on with him," Haye told Sky Sports News.

"Get it on with him, knock him out and make it look spectacular, and then my schedule's free to unify the titles later on in the year.

"Definitely after this fight, a unification fight with one of the Klitschko brothers will be higher up on my agenda - number one.

"Either Wladimir or Vitali, I rate them both the same - I believe I should be sitting right above them, so it's up to me to prove that in the ring."

I very much doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      I very much doubt it.
      thats a joke for sure aint no fight gonna do that

Comment

it doesnt really matter where they fight klitschko will win

Comment

I doubt if Haye will ever leave England again, now that he has the WBA title.

He doesn't have the courage to fight Ruiz or the Klitschkos in the neutral USA, even though he'd make a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post

He's wouldn't have the courage to fight Ruiz or the Klitschkos in the neutral USA.
            he will knock out Ruiz or Wlad anywhere.

Comment

He doesn't have the courage to fight Ruiz or the Klitschkos in the neutral USA, even though he'd make a lot of money.
              THIS IS EXACTLY TRUE and 100% FACT.

HYPEJOB HAYE IS A DISGRACE AND A FRAUD.

We shall IGNORE the fact that his two most important title fights were AWAY FROM HOME. We shall also IGNORE the fact he won them both.

A DISGRACE AND A COWARD.

More boring than Spinks also.

Comment

Based on what?

Comment

Ridicilous, he had the courage to fight Jean Marc Mormeck in his backyard in France and fight Valuev in Germany. Yet he won't have the courage to fight in america? which he already has anyway. lol gtfoh with that biased hate Tunney.

Comment

sure shaffer

Comment

Working...
                    X