• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They picked cotto

Comment

TRANSLATION

BARRERA:
      I give cotto the edge because of his speed, and plus he debuted in a lighter weight class. Plus pacquaio is moving up in weight. His camp(pacquaio) has been different for this fight he trained in the philipines and he has had a lot of distractions. Cotto can knock out pacquiao because he is bigger, so if he is able to corner him he can knock him out. His speed doesnt compare to mannys but he is strong. Manny had a lot of distractions in the philipines but we will see a good fight on nov14. A lot of us has had problems fighting pacquiao because of his style. Cotto has a perfect left hook to the body, and a great jab. his jab and left hook are his two greatest weapons. he should be very defensive because pacquiao is very fast, so his defense should be good.

THIS IS PARAPHRASED BUT VERY CLOSE TO WHAT BARRERA SAID

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOakland View Post
        BARRERA:I give cotto the edge because of his speed, and plus he debuted in a lighter weight class. Plus pacquaio is moving up in weight. His camp has been diffent for this fight he trained in the philipines and he has had a lot of distractions. Cotto can knock out pacquiao because he is bigger, so if he is able to corner him he can knock him out. His speed doesnt compare to mannys but he is strong. Manny had a lot of distractions in the philipines but we will see a good fight on nov14. A lot of us has had problems fighting pacquiao because of his style. Cotto has a perfect left hook to the body, and a great jab. his jab and left hook are his two great weapons. he should be very defensive because pacquiao is very fast, so his defense should be good.

based on your translation, basically mab is saying that cotto is too big and pac hasn't had the best camp.

hm....... same **** i've been saying for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          based on your translation, basically mab is saying that cotto is too big and pac hasn't had the best camp.

hm....... same **** i've been saying for a while now.
          Exactly. He said pac is the favorite but that he is going to go with cotto, and then he said why, which is the distractions in pacs camp and cotto being naturally stronger.

Comment

HERE YOU GO BRO
            TRANSLATION

BARRERA:
            I give cotto the edge because of his speed, and plus he debuted in a lighter weight class. Plus pacquaio is moving up in weight. His camp(pacquaio) has been different for this fight he trained in the philipines and he has had a lot of distractions. Cotto can knock out pacquiao because he is bigger, so if he is able to corner him he can knock him out. His speed doesnt compare to mannys but he is strong. Manny had a lot of distractions in the philipines but we will see a good fight on nov14. A lot of us has had problems fighting pacquiao because of his style. Cotto has a perfect left hook to the body, and a great jab. his jab and left hook are his two greatest weapons. he should be very defensive because pacquiao is very fast, so his defense should be good.

Sweet!!! Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by rao007 View Post
              Sweet!!! Thank you!!
              no prob. I have to work on my translation.

Comment

Originally posted by rao007 View Post
                Could somebody translate this too?

Basically they both believe Cotto will win the fight. They feel Roach has gone ahead of himself and that he is underestimating Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkivory View Post
                  Basically they both believe Cotto will win the fight. They feel Roach has gone ahead of himself and that he is underestimating Cotto.
                  BUMP for non-spanish speakers

TRANSLATION

BARRERA:

Comment

Barrera didn't make a pick, he just said it was going 12.

Vazquez said it's going 12 and he's leaning towards Cotto.

Barrera talked about how Cotto will use his strength to push him back and lean on Pacquiao and over 12 rounds it's gonna tire Manny. Both talked about how elusive and fast Manny is and how he just keeps throwing overwhelmingly, and how good he is on catching you off guard.

Comment

BARRERA:I give cotto the edge because of his speed, and plus he debuted in a lighter weight class. Plus pacquaio is moving up in weight. His camp has been diffent for this fight he trained in the philipines and he has had a lot of distractions. Cotto can knock out pacquiao because he is bigger, so if he is able to corner him he can knock him out. His speed doesnt compare to mannys but he is strong. Manny had a lot of distractions in the philipines but we will see a good fight on nov14. A lot of us has had problems fighting pacquiao because of his style. Cotto has a perfect left hook to the body, and a great jab. his jab and left hook are his two great weapons. he should be very defensive because pacquiao is very fast, so his defense should be good.

Damn did he just say that the same tools(left hook, solid jab) that Barrera is known for and wasn't good enough to stop Pac with will have better results for Cotto. I understand the size difference and getting him against the ropes, but the whole left hook, jab hasn't worked yet. I do think that the only way Cotto can win is to get him against the ropes and unload.

Comment

Working...
                      X