Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOXING HISTORY 101: Why Precedence Matters !!! (Readers only thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    He did. He's a ***** for it too. Don't follow suit.
    why did he though, is my question?
    I am not going to put on you on my ignore list.
    Because I actually respect you as poster because you at least try and argue with some kind of rational.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandish View Post
      horus that getsumbrah character is a joke and doesn't know boxing..treust me you should ignore him.

great post the haters can't stand facts about floyds career.

they say he should fight a welterweight and act like he didn't fight zab, baldomir, and hoya in his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fight above 140.

when he beats the cotto vs pc winner they will come up with more excuses. you have been around long enough to know their schick.

they will not give floyd credit until he losses and we both know floyd ain't losing anytime soon especially not coto, pac or mosley.
      How can this be proven?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandish View Post
        horus that getsumbrah character is a joke and doesn't know boxing..treust me you should ignore him.

great post the haters can't stand facts about floyds career.

they say he should fight a welterweight and act like he didn't fight zab, baldomir, and hoya in his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fight above 140.

when he beats the cotto vs pc winner they will come up with more excuses. you have been around long enough to know their schick.

they will not give floyd credit until he losses and we both know floyd ain't losing anytime soon especially not coto, pac or mosley.
        What's up Brandish?

Yeah I might ignore this dude too...
        he is very childish with his post.
        I tryed to give him the benefit of the doubt but as it stands now for what..?

I actually respect some floyd critics on here because they seem thoughtful in their arguments...but this dude is just a clown.

He doesnt know any history, and cant provide any context.

man I miss the days when i actually got into discussion and arguments with
        people like dwiense, 2501, etc about boxing and they could actually spit facts and explain them.. instead of just spit conjecture and insults....

the dude is a clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
          How can this be proven?
          Ravish are you going to duck my questions my dude?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
            Ravish are you going to duck my questions my dude?
            What questions am I ducking lol? What else needs to be said? Talking about his past or any other fighter's past makes no difference if that particular fighter is still competitively active. If you're competitively active, that usually means you should still be fighting the best in the sport. But let me break it down a little easier without the 7 paragraphs.

Is Floyd an active fighter? Yes

Is Floyd considered by many the best in the world? Yes

Do people want to see him fight the best? Yes

Has he fought Pacquiao, Mosley, or Cotto, or any other current WW champion today? No

Is Floyd a WW fighter today? Yes

Would each of those fights make bigger money than his comeback fight with Marquez? Yes

Can and will GBP set up each of those fights? Yes

How does Floyd, Boxing, and or Boxing fans lose out in this scenario?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
              What questions am I ducking lol? What else needs to be said? Talking about his past or any other fighter's past makes no difference if that particular fighter is still competitively active. If you're competitively active, that usually means you should still be fighting the best in the sport. But let me break it down a little easier without the 7 paragraphs.

Is Floyd an active fighter? Yes

Is Floyd considered by many the best in the world? Yes

Do people want to see him fight the best? Yes

Has he fought Pacquiao, Mosley, or Cotto, or any other current WW champion today? No

Is Floyd a WW fighter today? Yes

Would each of those fights make bigger money than his comeback fight with Marquez? Yes

Can and will GBP set up each of those fights? Yes

How does Floyd, Boxing, and or Boxing fans lose out in this scenario?
              these questions:

Ravish, Just Answer my questions and stop ranting....

Question #1:
              If Poppapump or the mods can band me for spamming, does that mean they are sensitive? < ~~ (Read Carefully)

Question #2
              So when I say, I am putting people on my ignore list for spamming, how is it any different from Rick Reno or pump banning people for spamming???< ~~ (Read Carefully)

Question #3
              Please explain how it is any different?

Comment

Do you honestly think that is an serious argument.
                You are leaving countless facts, and providing no context to your claims of ducking?

Do you even know when Aaron pryor Called out Leonard,
                Do you even know what point of Pryor and Leonard career it is was when Pryor called out leonard to his face...

Your post indicates you don't.
                I'll tell you when Aaron Pryor called out Ray Leonard. He wasn't even a known name in the sport at the time, not having beaten Arguello yet. Pryor called Leonard out and a fight offer was made to Pryor but there was not enough money in it.

Leonard focused on fighting the number 1 ranked contender to his title whom everyone was accusing him of ducking (not Pryor, a 140 lb title holder), Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns. Sugar Ray would have caught criticism had he picked on a fighter from a smaller weight class instead of Hearns.

Leonard beat Hearns and called out Pryor during the post-fight press conference, claiming he would use Pryor as a tune-up to bigger fights. The two were about to sign a contract to fight each other when it turned out that Leonard had suffered a detached retina during the Hearns fight. Leonard decided to retire and Pryor applauded his decision, saying it was the correct thing to do. He didn't claim Leonard "ducked" him, it was something that was made up by HBO Legendary Nights 20 years later.
                Last edited by TheGreatA; 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

these questions:

Ravish, Just Answer my questions and stop making sense....

Question #1:
                  If Poppapump or the mods can band me for spamming, does that mean they are sensitive?

What do I have to do with people being banned from this site? LOL I don't own the domain. Leave that to their discretion. They probably think your posts are crazy and laugh when people butt in with talking about dinner or what game is on TV at the moment (again...it's the internet bro, not the United Nations lol).

Question #2
                  So when I say, I am putting people on my ignore list for spamming, how is it any different from Rick Reno or pump banning people for spamming???< ~~

LOL read the above answer...

Question #3
                  Please explain how it is any different?

The difference is one group of people actually owns the site and can do whatever they please while the other posts continuous threads about one particular fighter that takes 6 paragraphs to get one point across. Who knows, maybe you're causing problems with their bandwidth, or maybe they just think you're a cornball too.
                  Basically.....

Comment

• Ain't read it, but I take it this is anotha "why don't you luv Mr boat buyer?/double standards against Mr boat buyer" thread by the infamous H man?

Comment

• How bout not threads regarding Floyd until Nov 15.

Comment

Working...
                      X