No announcement yet.

New Video of Cotto Training in Tampa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
    your wrong. Re-watch the fight, Shane try to give movement around the 4th or 5th round if I remember correctly and Cotto just looked better by chasing him and landing his jabs and powershots.

Pac will be in for a long night.
    lol so he tried not actually did it...you just owned yourself. shane's already past his prime when he fought cotto it's very obvious he was trying to preserve his energy in the early rounds. if cotto fought the shane who ko wilfredo rivera he has no chance at all. that was the mosley who was not only fast with his hands but also on his feet. nevertheless, even a past his prime shane still gave cotto a difficult fight. it's was a close fight not like how you cotto fans try to portray it as a great win for cotto. it was good but not great.

now for your theory that cotto can handle pac's speed the way he handled shane's or zab's, i concur that there are some valid points to that but most of you cotto nuts failed to realize some important points. true shane and pac both got handspeed but the comparison starts and ends there. shane's lateral and body movement was no longer there when he fought cotto. pac's a moving target and fast on his feet. i'm not saying cotto can't handle that but the shane factor does not totally apply to pacquiao. that bring us to the zab judah comparison who not only have handspeed but also footspeed and also a lefty. let's not forget that zab wobbled cotto just in the first round of their fight...we'll never know but judah could have inflicted more damages to cotto had it not for the lowblow. but the thing with judah, he got no fighting heart like pac's nor the endurance and the work rate. on the other hand, pac's smaller in size compared to shane or zab and it's not known yet if he can really handle the power of a welterweight.

Comment

people need to get over the low blows.....

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        But what made Cotto's jab work was that Shane ran into it when he threw punches. Cotto uses his jab almost like a counter punch, that's how he dropped Clottey.

People think Manny's is going to get inside and get out without getting hit by a guy who's got great timing on his punches and has sneaky combos along with power Pac's never felt. Pacquiao is fast, but he's not the best defender against guys who will bring the fight to him because a straight up fight is his forte and where he's the most successful. Is that going to work against Cotto?
        of course you're a cotto fan so you're only looking at the positive aspect of his fighting style while trying to downgrade that of his opponent. you're trying to portray the fight as if cotto's punches are the only one that matters. if cotto can walk through pac's punches then you're right. you have to realize that pac not only have speed but also a busy work rate and he can maintain it for 12 rds. his punches come in all angles and he throws them in bunches. but unlike you i will not say that cotto can do nothing about it. he can, it depends on his fight plan. the good thing about cotto is he can adjust his style as the fight goes on as he did against shane when he used more ring movements in the latter rounds. whatever happens and whoever wins i'm sure we'll see a good fight.

Comment

People is quick to forget...

- DLH said he was in the best shape ever, that he felt young one again, that he was like reborn breathing the fresh air at Big Bear California, that remind him his glorious days.

- Hatton was also reborn under the tutelage of Floyd "Smoke" Sr. and that this was the best Ricky ever and that why he destroy Malignaggi.

Now Cotto is ripped, look amazing and is more focus than ever and his best conditioning ever....

Dont be surprised if on Nov. 15th Cotto say that he needs to take time to talk to his family and take a decision about his career. But he doesnt need to feel ashamed of that because after all is normal situation for every boxer that meet Manny in a boxing ring.

I believe all the quotes from this fighters happen is that thing turn quickly when you face an all time great fight and a living legend like Pacquio.

Better join the bandwagon and enjoy the Filipino phenom before he retires. I feel lucky to leave in the same era of the Jordans, Tigers and Pacquiaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
            if you can't post more than one sentence then shut the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by KiidDynamite View Post
              Whys he so slow on pads
              My question also. But if he always trains that way and performs like he does in all his fights, then I think he'll be effective when the time comes.

His demeanor hints he might reveal some surprises come fight night.

I certainly hope he's not intending to throw the fight, as some have insinuated, just to give Pacquiao the spotlight. If it appears that way, it'll be a really sad night in boxing.

I'm reminded of the hype-fest over Tyson vs Seldon and I regurgitate a bit of the undigested food I ate that night.

What a bamboozling hoodwink that was.

Comment

I dont like how trainer was,intentionally missing when he was throwing hooks over cottos body when they were working the pads.

Manny is either shorter or the same size as his trainer, he wont be going over his body trying to miss him, those hooks would connect.

Comment

cotto's new trainer is so amateur lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
                    i for one am very proud of cottos low blows. i feel no shame in admitting it.

i'd love, honestly, for cotto to low blow manny in order to finish him earlier and in more devastating and impressive fashion by doing so. imagine one of those solid combos from cotto, throw a low blow or two in the mix, the ref lets it pass and then take advantage of manny being hurt by it and knocking him out.

i'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_tC View Post
                      i for one am very proud of cottos low blows. i feel no shame in admitting it.

i'd love, honestly, for cotto to low blow manny in order to finish him earlier and in more devastating and impressive fashion by doing so. imagine one of those solid combos from cotto, throw a low blow or two in the mix, the ref lets it pass and then take advantage of manny being hurt by it and knocking him out.

i'm all for it.
                      What the ****. Cotto has to lowblow to beat a midget?

Comment

Working...
                      X