Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley/Kostya-whos greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is because this isn't close, Mosley took more risks in his career and has the better wins. Why the **** did anyone vote for Kostya? Wow, he beat Zab Judah and so did about a billion other boxers like Clottey, Cotto, Mayweather, Spinks.... Big whoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
      That is because this isn't close, Mosley took more risks in his career and has the better wins. Why the **** did anyone vote for Kostya? Wow, he beat Zab Judah and so did about a billion other boxers like Clottey, Cotto, Mayweather, Spinks.... Big whoop.
      because tszyu will go down as 1 of the best if not the best light welterweight of all time. mosley wont go down as the best or 1 of the best a division has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
        tsyzu performed badly against phillips,and i think you proved in your post how different career his would have been had he beat him,still surprised he never avenged that loss
        i think the bolded parts show each guys different motivation-and both are good reasons for doing what they did
        out of curiosity how do you think tsyzu would have done against oscar at 140?

I had this whole thing a while back about Tszyu and Phillips but it's been so long that I have to see the fight again to make sure I still feel the same way. Have to find that fight.

Tszyu vs. Oscar: not sure. Oscar back then had a great jab (with a healthy shoulder I think still at that point) and a great left-hook. Tszyu was technically sound but depending at which point, he had certain flaws.
        Take the Phillips fight for example, and again, I need to see that fight again to make sure in order to compare...but, I remember Tszyu not moving his head as much and not keeping distance like he normally does...instead, just thinking he could stand there with Phillips and take it and dish it out with him...which ended up costing him. One thing that fight showed was that Tszyu had a very good chin and could take punishment. Phillips was landing clean shot after clean shot and I guess Tszyu just thought he could take it and eventually get to Phillips.
        This tends to go with the ego boost of being Champion.
        Maybe it is just coincidence but Tszyu seemed better at being the heavy underdog than the heavy favorite. Maybe he bought into his press-clippings.

Not sure who would win a fight between Oscar vs. Tszyu...or even Shane vs. Tszyu. If we go off the Phillips fight, both Oscar and Shane have a solid shot at beating him...but was it because of Phillips or was it because of what Tszyu got away from doing?
        Again, have to go back and review the tapes to give you a more confident answer.
        Maybe they have that fight in the Video Trading Block section.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          because tszyu will go down as 1 of the best if not the best light welterweight of all time. mosley wont go down as the best or 1 of the best a division has ever seen.
          Thats amazing he is the best because he beat Zab Judah?

Comment

Thats amazing he is the best because he beat Zab Judah?
            did i say because he beat judah? no.

Comment

did i say because he beat judah? no.
              That is all I'll remember him for! Also the way Phillips stopped him was devastating! Vince Phillips the bad ass!!! Vince Phillips the ATG!

Comment

That is all I'll remember him for! Also the way Phillips stopped him was devastating! Vince Phillips the bad ass!!! Vince Phillips the ATG!

yeah and? mosley has been beaten aswell uno! in all honesty, if you cant recognise that tszyu is 1 of the best if not the best 140lb fighter then you obviously dont know much about the history of the junior welterweight division.

Comment

yeah and? mosley has been beaten aswell uno! in all honesty, if you cant recognise that tszyu is 1 of the best if not the best 140lb fighter then you obviously dont know much about the history of the junior welterweight division.
                  Show me a video of when Mosley was brutally stopped.

Losing to Forrest, Cotto, Wright > Vince Phillips

Comment

Show me a video of when Mosley was brutally stopped.

Losing to Forrest, Cotto, Wright > Vince Phillips
                    lol is this all you can come up with? i'll tell you again, go and do a little research into the junior welterweight division, and then come back.

Comment

lol is this all you can come up with? i'll tell you again, go and do a little research into the junior welterweight division, and then come back.
                      You're saying Vince Phillips is better then Cotto, Forrest, and Wright?

Comment

Working...
                      X