Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan Hated By The UK Because His Family Are From Pakistan??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in 1993-2000, Naseem Hamed didn't get anywhere near the amount of flak that Khan gets, so I doubt it's to do with him race/colour.

However, with Hamed, you've no idea how many numbskulls referred to him as a derogatory term of the word 'Pakistani'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Equaliser View Post
      Back in 1993-2000, Naseem Hamed didn't get anywhere near the amount of flak that Khan gets, so I doubt it's to do with him race/colour.

July 7th 2005

Comment

Was Khan hated on after the Olympics? NO he wasn't, if it was because of race people wouldn't have supported him after the Olympics. The real hate started after the Prescott loss when people realised he just isn't that good. Same thing happened with Audley Harrison.
        Last edited by $partacus; 10-26-2009, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
          Was Khan hated on after the Olympics? NO he wasn't, if it was because of race people wouldn't have supported him after the Olympics. The real hate started after the Prescott loss when people realised he just isn't that good. Same thing happened with Audley Harrison.

The olympics happened in 2004,alot has changed since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
            The olympics happened in 2004,alot has changed since then.
            Yep, Khan got exposed.

Comment

Yep, Khan got exposed.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_...ondon_bombings

Comment

i used to hate Khan when he first started coz he was cocky and big headed, but since he has gone with coach Roach wat a joke i have got a bit of respect for him. He seems to of cooled down a bit about keep going on about ****ty wins v priks like that Irish school teacher part time boxer.

But i do think hes hated over here coz hes a ****, my mate went to see him fight Prescott and he was ringside for some reason even tho he hates Khan and all he kept going on about was that Khan and his family stunk of Lamb Maddrass.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTALG View Post
                  But i do think hes hated over here coz hes a ****, my mate went to see him fight Prescott and he was ringside for some reason even tho he hates Khan and all he kept going on about was that Khan and his family stunk of Lamb Maddrass.
                  I think this post ends the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                    Hypejob?! So what you call Joe Calzaghe, someone who didn't leave his background, defending against mandatories for over a decade and who's claim to fame is beating a couple 40 year old has beens in the US?! Khan fought old Barerra true but that's what young fighters do so they get the experience without risking their careers before they're ready, Joe Calzaghe was already over 30 and over 30 fights, there was no reason to avoid the real champion and go for Jones. Compare the credit Joe Calzaghe got for beating Jones to the credit Glen Johnson or Tarver got for beating a much better version of Jones in much more convincing fashion. That's a pretty good indication of an hypejob.

Remember that most often the real hypejobs are the popular fighters, an unpopular fighter like Khan usually deserves it when he's hyped because no one will just hype Khan for no reason. Khan ain't releasing a DVD about how he beat Barerra.
                    Calzaghe didnt get KTFO. But before he beat Eubank thought he was an arrogant twat. He changed my opinion with the way he fought and beat Eubank.

Calzaghe also was world champion for 10 years, undefeated, and i think he chose Jones as his last fight just for the name. There was no one left to really challenge him after Lacy, Kessler and Hopkins.

Calzaghe was no hype job and shouldnt be compared to Khan.

I think if he was white he wouldnt get nearly as much flak.

People would have supported him after his loss instead of booing him. No question.
                    Brits tend to like a loser. Look at Bruno.

I think Khan is in the spotlight at a bad time for British Muslims. Especially being from the north.

If he was from London it wouldnt be so bad. If he was white the public would love his style.

I think if Hatton was Asian he'd also be mocked for his loses.

Comment

Khan wasn't hated in 2005 the real hate started after the Prescott fight. Which was in 2008. Sure there is a few people that hate Khan because of his race but they existed when Khan first became popular.

Comment

Working...
                      X