Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe clearly ducked Glen Johnson.It's pretty sad that Calzaghe is being viewed now as some sort of a legend.

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
    Has far as i know calzaghe was suppose to fight Johnson at 175, He was also suppose to fight Clinton woods at 175 but for some reason the fight didnt happen also.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4861904.stm
    Last edited by Bright-Eyes; 10-26-2009, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      There were, but he wasn't fighting them. Look at Boxrec and see who Calzaghe fought between 2004 and the Lacy fight. None of those guys were big names.
      You think that's bad? Look at the list of bums Joe fought from 1993 to 2007 if you want a good laugh.

Comment

There were, but he wasn't fighting them. Look at Boxrec and see who Calzaghe fought between 2004 and the Lacy fight. None of those guys were big names.
        You think that's bad? Look at the list of bums Joe fought from 1993 to 2007 if you want a good laugh.

Comment

Frank Warren did a great job of protecting his fighters. He protected Hatton for 35 fights. Unfortunately for them(Ricky Hatton for example), once the protection ended, they got exposed. If Warren had any inkling that Amir Khan would get KO'd by the guy who knocked him out in the first round, he never would have put him in the ring with him. He did a great job of protecting Calzaghe and, fortunately for Calzaghe, 168 was a weak division during the time he fought in it. If Calzaghe had fought at 160 or 175 during the main part of his career, he would have been beaten routinely by quality fighters.

Finally someone that knows what they're talking about, Warren has to be one of the most talented promoters that i have ever heard of, He would line up bums for his fighters while proclaiming them to be the second coming.

Sometimes he has fighters who are actually good like Calzaghe or Naz but he still doesnt get them to fight the fights you want to see unless the risk is stacked in their favour along with the money.

Problem is the guy knowns how to sell a boxer to the public and the media, He knows how to make the media love a boxer because he has a team of PR people who puts out the right message about certain fighter just to gain public votes.

Just check his history and the list of his fighters with records of 35-0 or 40-0 who hasnt really fought anyone of note even at age 27 plus, He tried to do the samething with Maccarinelli before he got expose against Haye(They though Haye was weight drain and wouldnt have taken the fight if Haye didnt conned them into it).

Comment

• Glen would have been whooped worse than Lazy.

Comment

• Joe may beat Glen now, but back then it's a big IF. Johnson was a threat to anyone during that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
                Glen would have been whooped worse than Lazy.
                So you're saying the Glen Johnson that KO'd jones (and I remind you he didn't get some lucky punch, he was whoopin Jones' ass bad), Calzaghe would beat him worse than Lacy?!? LMAO, idiot post of the day. Joe may very well have won, but no way in hell he wins easy.

Comment

• i like jonson but hes just talking silly
                  i would like too have seen joe fight him as he is a tough guy and it would have been a good scrap,its a shame calz hands were so ****ed he would have won a UD

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    So you're saying the Glen Johnson that KO'd jones (and I remind you he didn't get some lucky punch, he was whoopin Jones' ass bad), Calzaghe would beat him worse than Lacy?!? LMAO, idiot post of the day. Joe may very well have won, but no way in hell he wins easy.
                    Roy was shot. Layed on the ropes too much. Had lost his reflex.

And let's remember that Joe Calzaghe is a totally different style of fighter from Roy Jones.

Remember Glen Johnson was whooped on by Hopkins. The Hopkins that still fights the same say today. Who beat Hopkins? Joe Calzaghe.

Styles make the fight. And Joe would be too shifty for Glen to hit.

Comment

I guess since Dick Diggler never heard anything about it, it must not be true because Dick is the expert on all things boxing!!"peeleft:
                      Lol.....i guess when you're out of arguments, you turn to playground insults.

Comment

Working...
                      X