No announcement yet.

What do yall think of Roach's comments about Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
    I thought it was very disrespectful. Hatton always had trouble with Southpaws, especially quick ones. Collazo, Magee, Thaxton...all gave him tough fights, so of course someone like a Hatton was made for Pacquaio. Hatton still went 10 rounds with Floyd mayweather, many failed to do that, aswell as at a weight (147) he wasn't great at. Fact remains, Hatton has only lost two fights in a long professional career, to two of the top recognised p4pers on the planet...at least he fought them, if he was other fighters(not mentioning any names) and continue to fight bums,he could stay at home...earn more money, keep his undefeated record and still be fighting now. For a person like Roach to say "Hatton wern't that good for a world champ" yet he has one of the most overrated, hypejob, paper champ that has ever been (Amir Khan) i find highly hypocritcal...anyone who thinks Amir Khan would beat someone like a Ricky Hatton don't kno what they are on about. Furthermore, another thing which irritated me...Freddie Roach was never a succesful fighter, i mean...look at his career- Hatton achieved way more than what he ever did, and yet continues to be respectful....i'm not saying you have to be great to slag off someone lesser than you, but don't cry about being called a journeyman etc from someone like a Roger Mayweather. Freddie can dish it out but can't take it it seems. Ricky Hatton's defence-not good. But his offence was very good..one of the best inside fighters of recent times...yes he was ovverrated in my opinion (some people i remember hearing were saying "is Ricky Hatton the best ever after the Castillo fight"), but he was a good champion, he wasn't afraid to lose his unbeaten record...and gave the boxing community some great memorable nights. He was a great fighter, and is a great guy...and tbh i think he should enjoy his retirement, instead of having to tune in and watch 24/7 and look at some guy who achieved nowhere near in boxing what he did calling him basically a bum.
    This is a good analysis

Comment

that was a stupid ocmment even roach knows hatton was shot and fought like an idiot hatton 4 years ago would beat pacs ass and he knows it what a stupid fuking comment

Comment

Some fighters peak earlier than others, look at Fernando Vargas, Age for Age he was one of the best...look at him now. At that was a true warriour who fought the best, and was Khan's age. Khan will get exposed again and again you'll see.
        yes some fighters do but how do you Khan has peaked? how many boxers are out there and how many have fought they best at such a young age? it will be a very small percentage.

Khan may lose again but atleast he's trying to achieve his dream of being one of the top boxers. at least he will not box bums until he's 30 and conning people into thinknig he's great and then cashing in.

khan has got more then enoguh money, he caneasily retire now as he doesnt have the lifestyle of a mayweather. he's a down to earth, hard working boy who simply wants to box. haters and continue to hate, you only making him more famous

Comment

I thought it was very disrespectful. Hatton always had trouble with Southpaws, especially quick ones. Collazo, Magee, Thaxton...all gave him tough fights, so of course someone like a Hatton was made for Pacquaio. Hatton still went 10 rounds with Floyd mayweather, many failed to do that, aswell as at a weight (147) he wasn't great at. Fact remains, Hatton has only lost two fights in a long professional career, to two of the top recognised p4pers on the planet...at least he fought them, if he was other fighters(not mentioning any names) and continue to fight bums,he could stay at home...earn more money, keep his undefeated record and still be fighting now. For a person like Roach to say "Hatton wern't that good for a world champ" yet he has one of the most overrated, hypejob, paper champ that has ever been (Amir Khan) i find highly hypocritcal...anyone who thinks Amir Khan would beat someone like a Ricky Hatton don't kno what they are on about. Furthermore, another thing which irritated me...Freddie Roach was never a succesful fighter, i mean...look at his career- Hatton achieved way more than what he ever did, and yet continues to be respectful....i'm not saying you have to be great to slag off someone lesser than you, but don't cry about being called a journeyman etc from someone like a Roger Mayweather. Freddie can dish it out but can't take it it seems. Ricky Hatton's defence-not good. But his offence was very good..one of the best inside fighters of recent times...yes he was ovverrated in my opinion (some people i remember hearing were saying "is Ricky Hatton the best ever after the Castillo fight"), but he was a good champion, he wasn't afraid to lose his unbeaten record...and gave the boxing community some great memorable nights. He was a great fighter, and is a great guy...and tbh i think he should enjoy his retirement, instead of having to tune in and watch 24/7 and look at some guy who achieved nowhere near in boxing what he did calling him basically a bum.

very well said

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
            yes some fighters do but how do you Khan has peaked? how many boxers are out there and how many have fought they best at such a young age? it will be a very small percentage.

Khan may lose again but atleast he's trying to achieve his dream of being one of the top boxers. at least he will not box bums until he's 30 and conning people into thinknig he's great and then cashing in.

khan has got more then enoguh money, he caneasily retire now as he doesnt have the lifestyle of a mayweather. he's a down to earth, hard working boy who simply wants to box. haters and continue to hate, you only making him more famous
            And Salita is that great opponent? a guy who can't crack an egg with a hammer. Why didnt he fight Madianna?who was the WBA number 1 contender....i'll tell you why, because Madianna will knock him out.

Comment

And Salita is that great opponent? a guy who can't crack an egg with a hammer. Why didnt he fight Madianna?who was the WBA number 1 contender....i'll tell you why, because Madianna will knock him out.
              As far as i know Salita is ranked number 2 and is the number 1 contender.

anyway once Khan gets rid of him, Madianna will be next hopefully. a lot of people of under estimating Khan, he will prove alot of people wrong when he beats Maidanna.

Comment

Hatton showed against Paulie that he is a very very good fighter. He just fought like a goof probably due to his shambolic camp.

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
                  khans only 22...fair enough if was 30 i could understand your point but hes not. his career has only begun, he's already done more the hatton did at this age..
                  yeah he got KO'D in less than a minute! hatton never did that!

Comment

ricky is good, but not that good. hes a class = B fighter

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                      yeah he got KO'D in less than a minute! hatton never did that!
                      hatton never fought an opponent who could do that to him! (at that pointin his career)

yes Khan got exposed for having a weak chin but we all already knew that.

Khan's level of opposition at 22 is a million times better then hatton at the same time.

The difference betwee nthem is Khan is actually a boxer, whereas Hatton is a mma hugging brawler.

Comment

Working...
                      X